• 3(current)
IGR - in game reset (in XBMC, like EvoX?)
i had in game reset when i was using evox as the dash, but now i'm using xbmc as dash, and since i changed i cant use the in game reset any more. the menu way of doing it is great as long as you are not playing a game.
:nuts:

i just changed from evox as my dashboard, to xbmc. however, now the button combination for igr does nothing - it used to work on evox ... is there a setting i am missing or something?

thanks
you'll need a bios with igr functionality, xbmc doesnt have this builtin, maybe evox did, not sure.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

yup, igr is built in to evox
(pre1014 @ dec. 19 2004,21:30 Wrote:yup, igr is built in to evox
so if you use evox dash - it's still running in the background when you launch a game? (i thought the xbox didn't multitask like this?)
no....just flash modchip or stick to lame evox
i use x2 bios & xbmc as dash.  igr works a charm.

ps, just incase you are missing something, here are the buttons (this is off the top of me head - so perhaps someone else can confirm it)

x2 bios - igr = l trig, r trig, back, start
evox m8 (and perhaps earlier one too) - igr = l trig, r trig, back, black

check out this thread
most (if not all) questions have been asked & answered soooooooooo many times, use the search button. (i think i'll put that in my sig!) - done :)
ok.  does igr really work, or is this a joke on the ill-informed?  :lol:   i'm using x24981 and m8 and tried all gamepad combonations described here in the forums.  xbmc as dash.
as far as i can tell igr support is only thru bios and not xbmc, right?
i have xbtool/evtool.  i have modified both bios' to boot f:\apps\xbmc\default.xbe and changed m8 evox logo just for fun.

still can't figure out what's the deal.  only thing i haven't tried is an original xbox controller.  i have logitech wireless.  tried other wired controllers as well.  

have had this thing hacked for over a year now searching forums occasionally and now i must be humble and ask.  tired of getting up to swap games.

i don't know if this is xbmc related but i thought i might be missing something.
i thought igr was just a bios/evox thing. xbmc has nothing todo with it.
ask at xbox-scene, the answer probably has been discussed there many times
i couldn't get it to work with evo m8 so i tried it with executer and it works great.
cheers,
lip
right, igr has nothing to do with xbmc at all. it's purely up to your bios. xecuter2 bios here works fine, press right trigger/left trigger/start/back at the same time and it pops right back to the dash.
i do use x2-4981 primarily for the "hopes" of maybe one day igr will just work. but it never does. i used evtool to edit bios to boot xbmc off of f drive so i know what i'm doing. is there a better setting for igr function? quick or more compatible? been seeing the m8+ but haven't used it yet? did they put in hardware igr? :nuts:
xecuter2 4983 bios works for me :p
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i originally was using evolutionx's desktop and have moved to the xbmc -- love it!  great job on it guys :thumbsup:

when i use the l/r trigger, back and start button salute (pushed all at the same time), it does not return me to the desktop anymore from my games.  i read it does not work in all games (and that is fine), but it does not work in any of mine -- even the ones that it worked before.  i'm not sure if this stopped working when i switched the desktop to xbmc or sometime after.  am i missing something?  do i need to turn something on?

i am using the xenium ice mod chip and the lastest bios on my xbox v1.0.  i'm also using a cvs build of xbmc (1/30/05).

thanks
--steve
that happens cause you used the igr (in game reset) feature of the evox dash.
there is no such feature in xbmc. to solve this issue you have to upgrade to a bios with buildin igr (with this bios it will work no matter whats your dash).
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IGR - in game reset (in XBMC, like EvoX?)0