v17 Comparison CPU Usage
(2017-05-01, 13:57)shomari Wrote: How about with http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...bi-v7a.apk

.. which is a work in progress, yes, but just for kicks you might want to look at that and gauge any differences[even if not to document, necessarily]. I've noticed a difference in cpu usage (different chipset) but in general the optimizations should benefit yours as well.

What is special of this version?
I now installed the vpupdates build from today. There is now now background video on fullscreen menus anymore. Guess it is due to this change:

Code:
-  glClearColor(0,0,0,0);
-  glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT);
+  //glClearColor(0,0,0,0);
+  //glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT);

Seems like those builds are highly experimental at the moment. At least on Android.
yes and no one asked to install these yet cause they are for team testing
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
OK, won't install them anymore. Promise. You don't have to rename your test-builds...
...heh. I don't see what the big deal is. Unless they had a gang of users swarming the forums, etc. asking for support - specifically of, and interfering with - the dev track ... who cares if a user wants to run a buggy, experimental test branch build?

Strange notions.
Well, makes no sense to install random test apk without even knowing what's in those builds, does it?
Those can just kill your setup and/or your grandma 's dog
(2017-05-09, 08:23)Koying Wrote: Well, makes no sense to install random test apk without even knowing what's in those builds, does it?
Those can just kill your setup and/or your grandma 's dog

...right on, lost two dogs and a macaque that way, already.

They're not always so random, some are more transparent than others re: changes. Anyway, were they to intentionally/inadvertently contain a time bomb, doesn't matter. I have specific devices/environments for such stuff.
Current nightly from 2017-05-20 reduces CPU usage for the Kodi process and also surfaceflinger. I will update the initial posting tomorrow after some more thorough testing.

Unfortunately it does not fix this issue though.
Yes but will it bring back @shomari's Two Dogs and his beloved Macaque, these are the pretty important questions ? Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Comparison CPU Usage0