Does XBMC support AVCHD / Blu-ray format (.m2ts & .m2t & .evo extensions)?
not 100 but according to some googling that's what i found, like here;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG_transport_stream

looking more closely, it seems that m2ts is a slight modification indeed
Why not just use AVI or MKV containers? I'm pretty sure the PS3 supports one or both of those containers. Though why you'd play media through a PS3 when you have XBMC is beyond me. XBMC is lightyears better than the media centers in either PS3 or X360 :p
agathorn Wrote:Why not just use AVI or MKV containers? I'm pretty sure the PS3 supports one or both of those containers.
I am pretty sure PlayStation3 does not support MKV (Matroska), and even though such AVI files works know that AVI is not designed to hold H.264 video.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
PS3 does not support .mkv and supports avi within mpeg 4 (divx or xvid)....

Even .mp4 within h264 must have main profile to be accepted...

On OSX, the best upnp server is medialink (nullriver) which is not doing transcode on the fly like nero on xp.

I know i've got one next to my mac mini (for blue ray and sometimes games)
I thought I'd give it a go so I added .m2ts into advancedsettings.xml. It works fine as spiff predicted.
exousir Wrote:I thought I'd give it a go so I added .m2ts into advancedsettings.xml. It works fine as spiff predicted.

I did the same based on the Wiki article on advancedsettings.xml. I created the file and placed the following in it:

<videoextensions>
<add>.m2t|.m2ts</add>
</videoextensions>

And saved it to my /user/Library/Application Support/XBMC/UserData folder. Yet they still don't show in when I browse to the folders where I have .m2ts files. I followed the syntax from the Wiki page, and where to place it. At a loss for what I'm doing wrong.

I added the .m2t since I have downloaded a couple files with that extension as well.
SignusMedia Wrote:I did the same based on the Wiki article on advancedsettings.xml. I created the file and placed the following in it:

<videoextensions>
<add>.m2t|.m2ts</add>
</videoextensions>

And saved it to my /user/Library/Application Support/XBMC/UserData folder. Yet they still don't show in when I browse to the folders where I have .m2ts files. I followed the syntax from the Wiki page, and where to place it. At a loss for what I'm doing wrong.

I added the .m2t since I have downloaded a couple files with that extension as well.

Does the whole file look like this not you need the <advancedsettings> bits and that might be your problem
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <videoextensions>
    <add>.m2t|.m2ts</add>
  </videoextensions>
</advancedsettings>
Jezz_X Wrote:Does the whole file look like this not you need the <advancedsettings> bits and that might be your problem
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <videoextensions>
    <add>.m2t|.m2ts</add>
  </videoextensions>
</advancedsettings>

That was the problem, just watched the Trailer I'd converted to test it, plays beautifully!

Thanks for your help!
Wink 
Then feel free to submit an offical feature request to have to added to XBMC hardcoded video extention list so that it does not have to be added manualy to advancedsettings.xml by the user.
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_i...tid=581841

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=What_is_XBMC...to_XBMC.3F
Quote:Where can I suggest/request a new feature or function to be implemented into XBMC?

You can log a NEW feature/function request in our RFE Request Feature Tracking System, (you must register and be logged-in on SourceForge.net before you can do this). Just make sure that you first remember to search for existing "Feature Requests" before logging a new request! You should take note that we guesstimate that 99% of all new requests XBMC users post have already been requested before so it is imperative that you search thoroughly! You may also post a copy of your suggestion in the feature-suggestion section of our community-forums if you want it open for discussion, however, again you must search there too before you can post, (we do not enjoy reorganising duplicate posts). Please respect that your request only counts as a suggestion, there' s no guarantee that it will implemented soon or ever. Known that almost all users think their own ideas is the most important, and a very common comment is: "if you only add these features then XBMC will be perfect for me". Note! Only one feature per RFE Request and Forum Thread is allowed (for easier manageability).
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Yet there is no application on OSX that can play .m2ts or .evo files.
(ripped blu-ray or hddvd files).
Is possible to play .m2ts or .evo files on XBMC? Or in the near future?
I tried VLC and Mplayer also but no luck.
Any information on this topic is more than welcome!

Greetings,

floris
nope. unlikely untill mplayer supports it.

Play files .m2ts it's possible, .evo I don't know:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...light=m2ts
elupus Wrote:nope. unlikely untill mplayer supports it.

If I drag and drop EVO files onto MPlayer, it plays the video just fine. Doesn't work with File - Open from the menu though.
Hello,
Great to hear XBMC can play .m2ts files!!!!

However I need some help to get it work...

I can't find the 'advancedsettings.xml' in this folder?
/user/Library/Application Support/XBMC/UserData
Or do I have to make a file with this text in it?

<advancedsettings>
<videoextensions>
<add>.m2t|.m2ts</add>
</videoextensions>
</advancedsettings>

Thanx in advance

XBMC is a great app!!!
from the friendly manual.

The "advancedsettings.xml" file, which does not exist by default, may be created by a user in their "Q:\XBMC\UserData\" folder.
This file can contain additional settings and pre-defined values for the settings available in the GUI (thus removing them from the GUI settings screens).
"advancedsettings.xml" is useful for advanced/expert users and for installers.

NOTE! This file will not exist unless created by the end-user, meaning YOU!

wtf is unclear hereHuh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does XBMC support AVCHD / Blu-ray format (.m2ts & .m2t & .evo extensions)?0