Does XBMC support AVCHD / Blu-ray format (.m2ts & .m2t & .evo extensions)?
Question 
I have the latest 'Atlantis' beta of XBMC running on Ubuntu 8.04.1 with an Athlon 5200 and AMD X2100 video (latest ATI driver and hw-acceleration working). According to the new Features list, AVCHD recordings are supposed to be supported in this version.

My Sony HD camcorder creates 1440x1080i AVCHD videos with a .MTS file-extension. The first problem I ran into is that XBMC didn't recognize the extension. If I rename it as either .TS or .M2TS then it works. Why wasn't .MTS included?

The main problem, however, is that the video doesn't work. Sound is fine, but all I get for video is a gray screen with a line or two of 'junk' across the top. If I try the various de-interlacing options, the video will sometimes change to green. And if I try the 'deinterlace' option then XBMC crashes.

Is this feature (AVCHD support) still being tested?
What "new features list"?

The missing extension is likely an over sight, you can add it in advancedsettings.xml (see wiki) until it is added in svn.

If you'd like to get the playback fixed you're going to have to help use help you. See http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34655
I am pretty sure that the FFmpeg version used by does not support decoding interlaced H.264 videos (which is what the AVCHD format is), ...now maybe FFmpeg have added support for that to their SVN since we last updated FFmpeg in XBMC (I believe that was a few 3 or 4 months ago), but as we are currently in a feature freeze we will be updating to the latest FFmpeg SVN utntil after Atlantis have gone 'Gold'.

In any case, can you please upload a XBMC debug log showing you trying to play the file to pastebin.com and then post the URL to it here.

FYI; FFmpeg is the open source coded suit XBMC uses to decode all video formats (for more information see ffmpeg.org)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Quick question... Does XBMC support .ISO from BluRays yet? i have some problems with 2 ISOs atm.
For higher def files I would suggest using Popcorn Hour.

http://www.popcornhour.com/onlinestore/

Even though Xbox360 plays higher def files also.I would suggest get one of each!Nod
Rookie Wrote:For higher def files I would suggest using Popcorn Hour.

http://www.popcornhour.com/onlinestore/

Even though Xbox360 plays higher def files also.I would suggest get one of each!Nod

Pretty sure that doesn't play BD ISO's.
hi guys,

any update on this?

I just was over at my mates and brought over a hd with a load of .evo's (planet earth hd dvd full rips) and xbmc CAN see & play them?

he is running a beta version , I am having him confirm the version.

just tried it here, I am running a recent jester build, and my xbmc does not see any .evo files / extension.

something to do with codecs installed on his pc?
XBMC doesn't use system codecs and all resent svn builds should have evo support, check you have an up to date build. if you have you may have found a bug I would try a fresh install before reporting.
marlboroman1 Wrote:XBMC doesn't use system codecs and all resent svn builds should have evo support, check you have an up to date build. if you have you may have found a bug I would try a fresh install before reporting.

will do, thanks.
Hello.

Subtitles in MPL2 format are not showing up. Example:
[123][456]Text text text.

The problem occurs only in the version for Windows and the other (exception: XBMC for XBOX). After a deeper search for a solution - there is no support for that format in the internal player "DVDPlayer" (XBMC for XBOX is using "MPlayer").

A few questions:
1. Is it true what I wrote?
2. Does anyone managed to solve the problem?
3. MPL2 format will be implemented in the near future?

Best regards.
1) yes
2) probably no
3) up to you. you're the first who have expressed any interest in that format
Not first, and not one... MPL2 is very popular format, supported by VLC, MPlayer, BestPlayer and almost all players as i know. XBMC for xbox support this format, and why xbmc for windows don't? XBMC for Windows is worse?
I am using Linux version of XBMC and needed support for MPL2 too. Fortunately this format was easy to add to XBMC, patch is ready here:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6671.
It's for Linux version, but I guess there should be no problem with adding it to Windows port too (which I have no possibility to try/test, sorry).
MPL2 support has just been commited to SVN (thanks spiff, and thanks for your last "AND", missed that one ;-) ) and scheduled for 9.10. As far as I can see windows port is built from the same tree, so this should work for you too, masugo777 and 314TeR.
what's the extension typically used for these?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does XBMC support AVCHD / Blu-ray format (.m2ts & .m2t & .evo extensions)?0