Does XBMC support AVCHD / Blu-ray format (.m2ts & .m2t & .evo extensions)?
Hi

Is there a way to play m2ts files on xbmc ??
VirtualHub can convert them to mp4 but only in Stereo Sound and it takes a long time.
Anyone got this working? With the death of HD-DVD rather then get rid of mine it would be great to put these on the hard drive for viewing then I won't have to eventually replace them with blu-ray. Sad

I can play a certain monkey movie EVO but obviously the audio doesn't work (No TrueHD audio codec) so the video plays really fast, then when I stop it osxbmc crashes out, osxbmc will also crash if I try to play any other EVO's.

I guess what I am looking for is the best way to demux these tracks with a DTS or AC3 track instead of the default TrueHD to make them compatible with osxbmc.
I don't even this XBMC support TrueHD across the board, at least it's not listed here:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_Feature...ats/Codecs

Found some references to it in FFMPEG's summer of code though:

http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?titl...HD_encoder
iordonez Wrote:Found some references to it in FFMPEG's summer of code though:
http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?titl...HD_encoder
Yes, once that is stable enough to make it into the FFmpeg trunk then you will soon after have it in XBMC, ...why that is the case is explained in detail here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Codec_and_Format_requests

PS! Please always search and read the FAQ (and the XBMC Online Manual) BEFORE posting!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
This may sound like a feature request but I mean it as an inquiry regarding the capabilities of XBMC.

Could XBMC have the capability of playing .mt2 files that are recorded from the Apple FirewireSDK through the firewire interface on cable boxes? Of course it would only be for .mt2 files that have been recorded from programming marked "copy freely". I know VLC can play back these files but would this even be possible inside of XBMC?

Thanks
not sure, google tells me its some kind of mpeg2 transport streams.

try adding the extension and see how it goes - see the advancedsettings.xml page in the wiki on how to add extensions
First off, I need to say my bad because I got the file extension wrong, it is actually .m2t. Second, I put the following XML in a the Advancedsettings.xml file I created:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <videoextensions>
    <add>.m2t</add>
    </videoextensions>
</advancedsettings>

But they are still not showing up in the list of files under Videos in PMIII. Any idea what I may be doing wrong?
Did you put the file in the correct place? (and in linux i suspect case is important, all lowercase)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Information 
jayman978 Wrote:it is actually .m2t
if your files are named m2t then they are MPEG-TS (ie. MPEG Transport Stream container format) formatted files, so I am merging your posts with the existing topic-thread about that container format.

FFmpeg (which is the codec-suit that XBMC's video-player uses) does feature demux support for MPEG-TS (MPEG Transport Stream) container format but the questions then is which video and audio codecs that the video and audio streams in your specific files have been encoded with. Because you see, MPEG-TS is just an container and as such can contain many different types of encodeded video and audio (like for example MPEG-2, H.263 or H.264 as the video stream, and PCM, AC3, or DTS as the audio stream).

This will need to be confirmed by someone who has a sample of those video files:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_Submi...g_a_sample

Nerd
Hey, why can`t I play my m2ts movies? They are simply not shown in the movie explorer. Is there any workaround or something?
it's the lemmings! or perhaps the illuminati or the aliens!

provide some information, then you might be given some answers based on that information. without it i will have to guess.

which version are you running? i assume an old one. we have added the m2ts extension a while back. in any case you can add new ones using advancedsettings.xml
I use XBMC for Windows, rev 13239. I performed that 'trick' with advancedsettings.xml file and it didn`t help. Neither did performing an update to 2008-06-16 snapshot which was said to have brought the support for m2ts.
Dude you're mixing versions. rev 13239 of the windows port is the official Win/SDL port. There's no new one yet and what you're referring to is the Win/DirectX skinning port. Latter one isn't supported nor developed further. Read the faq for more information.
OK, now I understand how it works and obviously got the m2ts files worked. Although the biggest problem I see now is the inability to play VC-1 codded streams and what`s worse to decode Dolby TrueHD / DS-HD MA audio. Is it however possible to use an external codec to get it worked?
Koperfild Wrote:OK, now I understand how it works and obviously got the m2ts files worked. Although the biggest problem I see now is the inability to play VC-1 codded streams and what`s worse to decode Dolby TrueHD / DS-HD MA audio. Is it however possible to use an external codec to get it worked?

Not yet. TrueHD and such will be a while. ffmpeg is working on adding it now. In the meantime, you'll have to transcode.

Wes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does XBMC support AVCHD / Blu-ray format (.m2ts & .m2t & .evo extensions)?0