XBMC Boot time
Would it at all be possible to have XBMC as a sort of alternate shell? I mean, like Litestep or Geoshell for instance. I have played around with Litestep once. And although it wasn't for me I remember it used to boot and launch files really fast, faster when using the default shell. I suspect quite a lot of processes tied to the normal user interface wouldn't have to be booted, which may result in faster performance. And I remember Windows2000 having the ability to load an alternate shell using an option in the group policy editor. I don't know if XP and Vista still have this option but I expect they do.
Tobi83 Wrote:is it possible now or in future to boot XBMC without Windows or other OS´s with a boot manger / loader?
XBMC is not an operating-system. XBMC will always need an underlying operating-system. This does however not mean that you cannot strip down and costumize an existing operating-system in order to run XBMC on top of it so the end-user do not even notice that there is an operating-system there which XBMC is running on.

Please read the previous posts in the existing topic-thread that I merged your post into.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Gamester17 Wrote:Then you (and anyone who has not) need to try l.capriotti's LiveXBMC USB disk image, practically no Linux skills is required:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=32853
This is the alternative boot that i mean. Thank you for redirect my thread in this one. Now i found what i search.
Greetings
Tobi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Boot time0