date 1970?
I justed booted and date seems reset to 1970 Confused

I'm trying to set the correct date, but that does not seem possible.

Also none of the add-ons work, while yesterday everything was fine.

I copy-pasted a previous version which was working on the sd card, but that also gives the same problem.

How to fix this?
Date will be corrected when internet connectivity is established and contact is made with NTP servers. Have you confirmed that you don't have some connectivity issue?
I just put the more recent version on the sd card again and pluged it in, booted as if nothing happened....

solved.
A Raspberry Pi does not have a real time clock like a regular PC. It relies on having an internet connection so it can communicate with a online time server (NTP) to give the correct time and date. If it doesn't have an internet connection they revert to the 1st Jan 1970.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
Or you can run an NTP server on your LAN.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-12-14, 21:50)speedwell68 Wrote: A Raspberry Pi does not have a real time clock like a regular PC. It relies on having an internet connection so it can communicate with a online time server (NTP) to give the correct time and date. If it doesn't have an internet connection they revert to the 1st Jan 1970.

I use an android box which is connected to the Internet and it's showing 1970 also. How do I fix this?
double check if the internet cable is connected properly. Thats what made it work for me.
(2017-01-02, 06:09)ACCGoddess Wrote:
(2016-12-14, 21:50)speedwell68 Wrote: A Raspberry Pi does not have a real time clock like a regular PC. It relies on having an internet connection so it can communicate with a online time server (NTP) to give the correct time and date. If it doesn't have an internet connection they revert to the 1st Jan 1970.

I use an android box which is connected to the Internet and it's showing 1970 also. How do I fix this?

No idea. I have limited experience of Android boxes running Kodi. My guess is that it is not communicating with the NTP servers for some reason.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
date 1970?0