• 8(current)
FanArt backdrop support in XBMC's skinning-engine and scrapers (for Music and Videos)
As nice as that would be, I don't see it ever happening on the xbox. Most people have pretty huge music collections (when compared to video) and that would be a TON of fanart images. I don't think the xbox would be able to handle it. It would be great, however, for the other platforms.
I have a larger music collection yes. But my xbox has no problems with fanart yet (200 movies), why would this be a problem for music? and fan-art view is an option in movies and could be that in music as well Smile
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4834
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
jazzen Wrote:I have a larger music collection yes. But my xbox has no problems with fanart yet (200 movies), why would this be a problem for music? and fan-art view is an option in movies and could be that in music as well Smile

This would depend on where the fanart is stored. If it is stored on your xbox then it would definitely cause a problem with space. I have 350 movies and haven't had any issues either, but I have over 9000 songs by over 800 artists. that many images at 720p would take up quite a bit of space. If it is all stored on the drive that stores the music it probably wouldn't be an issue but if you scrape from XBMC then I don't think that is possible.
Mntz Wrote:So people can make their own fanart (images/colors) for movies/music and upload it to the projectwebsite. (thetvdb.com?)

Hello guys, and I am so glad to see this thread here because Fan Art (or the lack of it) is my pet peeve about xbmc.

XBMC is fantastic, but the use of "FAN ART" to display images of an artist while you are listening to their music, is a great idea, but does not work at all because it relies on people like you and me to upload fan art... and now, years after the idea began, still xbmc shows 95% of music with no fan art.

My suggestion is not to encourage people to create fan art, that seems a total waste of time. Have a look at how the excellent J River Media Center deals with it... they use live google image search to find and display a slide show of results as you listen to the music... now that is really fantastic.

Google Images is a WAY better way to do it, you just need search the Artist Name, and then Album Name, and display the results. Easy and a lot more entertaining... even if the images are not quite what you would expect, its better than seeing a blank screen, which is the case 95% of the time with "Fan Art".

Please see my short youtube video demonstrating the current problem: watch here

I really hope XBMC sort this one out, it would make a huge difference to how enjoyable the software is to use.

Thanks,
Mark, UK.
PS. I will post this as a separate post also, so it gets noted as a feature request.
smcnally75 Wrote:This would depend on where the fanart is stored. If it is stored on your xbox then it would definitely cause a problem with space. I have 350 movies and haven't had any issues either, but I have over 9000 songs by over 800 artists. that many images at 720p would take up quite a bit of space. If it is all stored on the drive that stores the music it probably wouldn't be an issue but if you scrape from XBMC then I don't think that is possible.

Hello mr mcnally!

I am curious, have you seen J River and the way their Media Center deals with "fan art"?

They use Google Image search, and it, of course, ALWAYS displays something, which is great... way more powerful than relying on other people to create fan art, and I would never waste my time doing that... so I dont expect many serious music fans would either... Google does a great job, I so hope some smart skinner implements that instead of fan art to play in the backgrounds...

What do you think?
tx
Mark.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FanArt backdrop support in XBMC's skinning-engine and scrapers (for Music and Videos)0