• 4(current)
FanArt backdrop support in XBMC's skinning-engine and scrapers (for Music and Videos)
timdog82001 Wrote:great news, and sounds great to me. on a side note to developers, assuming support gets added for this to xbmc eventually, would it be possible to add the functionality to allow skinners to do a multiimage referencing the images for their tv shows? Many skins have multiimages display depending on what button you have highlighted in the home menu. This would allow the skinner to reference the end user's actual tv shows so it would only show images for shows the user actually has and watches. I think it could be neat anyway..

I doubt something like this would be built in. Certainly not right away.

However, with a little work you could do it yourself. Just take all your fanart images and place them in a folder. A skin could easily then flip through them as requested.
yeah its probably not easy to implement i suppose, but i figured i'd at least mention it and see if anybody thought it was a good idea.
Why not simply assign the multiimage the folder where fanart is cached to :p
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

well if it has its own folder than that would work great Smile
Maybe store the FanArt cache in different folders, at least for TV-Shows and Music.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
that would be great. It would also allow for users to easily find and move the files to their actual media folders for permanent storage, so that they don't have to redownload it all everytime they do a clean install. Then again, it will probably still all be named with numbers and such so it might be hard to decipher
@szsori, do you think it would be a good idea to add FanArt support to Movie-XML.com? Huh
(Movie-XML Online Movie Database that uses the same open source code as TheTVDB.com)
That's up to Zag. You can find him on the MeediOS.com forums. He branched his code from TheTVDB code a long time ago, so I'm really not sure what capabilities and/or bandwidth he has.
Rainbow 
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=32369&page=4
crni Wrote:I've been working on movies fanart support:
- I made ~400 fanart images (all 1920x1080) mostly for movies in my library and they are currently loaded from fanart folder located in MeedioData folder
- images are named based on IMDb ID number so there would be no duplicates
  • e.g.
    The Departed = tt0407887.jpg
- maybe this could be useful for XBMC (as far as I can tell Aeon skin could use them as backdrops right out of the box)...

FanArt for movies - backdrops to download:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=1...post179635
crni Wrote: (If someone have better(faster) hosting or make a torrent please post link here
tnx)

520 images (1920x1080)
Hey Mucx here formally part of the CenterStage group and designer of the CenterStage UI and concept.

I am glad to see you guys dig the Fan Art idea. I thought it was kind of neat and felt that the media you own is what you enjoy, it should be an immersive experience. Fan Art was a way to give that to the user.

Did you know I based it off of the iTunes store? I always liked how some of the artist bio pages and even the media itself was almost like a mini styled webpage so that is where the concept came from. It has since been updated but that and a lot of CS stuff I purposely didn't make publicly available. (you dont show all your best ideas at once Wink ). So some of the criticism's of the idea have been tackled but just aren't online.

It would be nice if you gave the Fan Art concept some credit to the CenterStage project but on a personal level just glad to see people dig it.

See you around the media center world!
David McLeod (Mucx)
Lightbulb 
So, I'm playing with Aeon, and I see that the Fanart only seems to work contextually for individual files. This is a problem for me, as all of my movies are in individual folders, with a folder.jpg for each directory's image.

My suggestions are this...for fanart, maybe make XBMC recognize a fanart.jpg file in a directory, and display that as the backdrop image.

And for TV Show banners/posters, again, Aeon prefers to use poster-scaled images, while all of my current folder.jpg's are banners. So what if XBMC could recognize a poster.jpg, and use that as the directory image if a setting were selected.

The banner/poster thing isn't that big of a deal, but I'd really like to see the fanart.jpg thing become a reality. Something to utilize the directories I've got set up. Big Grin
sure, we can look for fanart.jpg if you scan by folder name. i'm not too fond of having tons of different file names supported - it slows down navigation (we have to check for those files...)
I don't think anything else needs doing as there is no concept of a folder when you're in library mode, and fanart doesn't work anyway in file mode.

jmarshall Wrote:I don't think anything else needs doing as there is no concept of a folder when you're in library mode, and fanart doesn't work anyway in file mode.

Okay...but what if you could just have it associate w/e fanart.jpg is in a directory with that movie in the DB somehow? I know there's already a setting for "directory contains a single movie". Build off of that?

spiff Wrote:sure, we can look for fanart.jpg if you scan by folder name. i'm not too fond of having tons of different file names supported - it slows down navigation (we have to check for those files...)

That would be awesome. And the poster.jpg thing was just an idea. Just as long as I don't have to extract 300+ odd movies, ya know? Big Grin
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FanArt backdrop support in XBMC's skinning-engine and scrapers (for Music and Videos)0