DivoCodec video codec support?
Lately I've stumbled upon some video files which displays an annoying message and exits after 1 second:

CONTENT BLOCKED
This media file can only be played using the DivoCodec that is completely FREE
Angry

Is this something future version of mplayer will support ? Or it is another one of these lame adware players that there aren't any free codecs for ?
Sorry, I intended to post this message under 'General Discussion'
http://xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index.ph...t_requests

I think that I have refered you to that article in the manual before, haven't I? ...anyway, it is from the FAQ. Moving this to the feature suggestion forum where it belongs, the codec is not listed as ssupported by XBMC should have been a hint. I think that someone who has been a member of this community as long as you should know better.

Stare
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Google is your friend, just go in and look at the top two results http://www.google.se/search?hl=sv&q=Divo...ayer&meta=

...DivoCodec is not actually a real codec, it is a player software for Windows that contains adware and spyware, the files are simply encrypted and will only be played though that 'fake' player. 3wPlayer, w3, domplayer are similar software, all using a standard encoded video encapsulated in an encrypted file that requires their software in order for them to be able so show you ads and spy on you.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
You should be able to choose which player is used by
pushing the white button when the file is highlighted
and choosing "Play with ..."

We might also learn something from the debug log file,
which you can generate either by pushing X and Y while
xbmc starts up or by setting the log level to 3
in AdvancedSettings.xml. Be aware that the Q:xmbc.log
file is overwritten whenever xbmc starts up, so you
need to get it off the xbox before restarting xbmc.
I managed to post this reply before I saw gamester17's
response somehow - sorry. uh, what he said.
@Gamester17: point taken, sorry !

In my defense, though; I did do a search for 'divocodec' on the board and found nothing, and I also didn't intend for this to be a feature request but rather a 'General discussion' message (as I mentioned).

I like the Swedish word for cached though: "Cachad" Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DivoCodec video codec support?0