Kodi 17 - Scrolling vertical lists with a mouse, no scroll bars, all auto?
When trying to navigate a vertical list of anything, be it menu options, videos, music.. when you scroll through and hit the middle it jumps in an auto scroll kind of thing to show you the rest of the list. Then you move the mouse down and it auto scrolls back the other way so it makes it pretty hard to select items in the middle.

Using the keyboard works or using a scroll wheel works, but then you need to use a combo and use navigating using a mouse is pretty hard. Previously in 16 there was a standard scroll bar you could move around to help navigate. In 17 even the new horizontal scroll lists do the same thing, I dont see any scroll bars and now it's all auto based on the position of where your mouse is.

Is there a way to turn of the auto scroll and bring back scroll bars like in the previous versions or is this skin simply being aimed at people with a remote or touch screens now?
Kodi was pretty much from the start was all about the ten foot interface, and with remote wand for control. Most of how the interface is handled and works is a property of the skin, and how the skinner implements these functions in combination with the operating system set-up. The original 'Confluence' skin is still available along with a ton of others wil modifications (check my sig for a tour of skin features). I find the keybaord arrow keys pretty much suffice for GUI navigation without much effort.

A lot of the sensitivity of a mouse is controlled within the o/s of choice, you can set the jump pixels, the acceleration, and wait time, and many other parameters and in some cases like the Logitech set-up I have you can set custom functions just for Kodi when the program is operational. Of course sometimes it's the sensor or mouse pad shortcomings that are the root concern.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17 - Scrolling vertical lists with a mouse, no scroll bars, all auto?0