Game-Saves Manager built-into XBMC
cheers nice 1
i join those requesting a saves manager Smile. the one in unleashx is perfect.
there´s a python script called "gamma-x" and it´s written by "ruuk". should do what you expect.
search in the python-forum and try out.
it´s able to dl new saves and has a savegame-manager
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
i'd like to request a game saves manager as well. a lot of newer games lock the saves to the system they were saved on, however, there is a workaround for this, you can actually resign the saves to your own system. in my opinion the unleashx game saves manager is very nice indeed, it would be great to incorporate something similar only take it a step further and contact the guys running xbox-saves.com and see about working out a system with them to grab all of the information you would need to resign the save (i believe you need the hdd key from the original xbox the save was created on). the admins over there might be willing to create some guidelines for save submissions since as far as i know the resigning utility originated from their forums. would be a great leap forward since more and more games are locking saves to the system they were created on which is taking away a lot of the usefulness of their site. anyways, if there is a willing developer, i believe we could work something out with the guys over there. i would be more than happy to make any requests to the admins if any developer has a serious interest in this.

regards,
los93sol
is there gui for game saves similar to the stock xbox feature? both for editing internal saves but also on a memory device, such as a megaxkey? i've looked everywhere and yes, i did rtfm already, searched the forums and the wiki. Wink

unleashx's game saves manager is pretty cool. it can download saves right from the internet. that is really nice. i didn't realize this at first but unleashx reads external memory devices. they are listed right at the bottom after all the hard disk saves. it will indicate where the save is located in the lower left pane.

Image The pic. speakes for itself.
it would be nice to have a context menu option to jump to the gamesaves's folder in filebrowser.
It's sorted alphanumerically, yes.

I presume you want it sorted strictly alphabetically?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

it goes from 4f to 9e then to 45 then 62 then to to 53 then it does it right for a while then it goes back to 41, its all over the place, it doesn't seem to be in alpha numerical or alphabetical order. Look at the image compare it to FlashFXP Image. Am I horribly mistaken or is alphanumerical order 0123456789abcdefghijklmopqrstuvwxyz.
We sort the same as (for instance) windows does.

Display the same list in windows and see for yourself.

It's quite logical. Clearly 4 < 9 < 454 < 626 < 534300 etc. You want strict ordering, not ordering that takes numerical information into account.

To be honest, I can't be bothered to implement this - a patch will be welcome. Check SortFileItem.cpp.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Ok, now I undestand whats going on, thanks for clearing that up. Your right I guess I want stirct ordering. Now that I understand what is happening, I should be able to find stuff. The only problem with this method of sorting is that if you trying to find a specific dir by name, it requires that you know every figure/letter rather than, lets say the first three. So while logical yes, not extremly practical, I guess not to me anyways. Someone else may find this feature great i suppose, I just don't see the practicality. I will take a look at SortFileItem.cpp, but as I know 0 C++, it will be largely futile.
You don't see the practicality as this is the one place it doesn't really make sense to use it. Unfortunately it's also not particularly a high priority, and it's not a quick fix. A patch would be welcome if there's someone reading this with the ability.

Everywhere else, however, it makes sense.

Consider, for instance, some music tracks, named <track number>. <title>.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Yeah for sure... Its definatally not something worth fixing (well maybe when all the good uses of time are taken). I just didn't understand why it was doing what it was doing. I didn't see the pattern. You showed me the pattern anbd proved it was a bug (which is what I thought it was). To be honest I can add my softmod folder into Programs. I still think a jump to filemanager inside gamesave manger would be great, but it is proabably way more work than its worth. Thanks for your time and anwsering my questions. You explained it all quite well.
clownshoes19 Wrote:Image The pic. speakes for itself.

uhm, sorry... for me it doesnt....

Is this YOUR work? Where is it available? How can i get this beautiful feature.... I wanted this for such a long time.... as well as an xbmc-build in text editor. But the more important feature is the game save manager 4 sure.....
Um what is the revision of your dash? If you go into programs its right there on the left. Has been for some time actually.. to have missed it your either using a revision that was compiled by Fred Flintstone or been hiding under a rock.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Game-Saves Manager built-into XBMC0