Kodi is crashing after video playing
Windows 10 Pro
AsRock BeeBox Intel J3160-NUC

Since months Kodi 17 is crashing every time after video playing (videos, pvr...). Short video playing (some minutes) - no problem.
And when Kodi is doing nothing, it will crash after around 20 Minutes.

And now something mysterious. Nigthly Kodi20161124-30d4d28 is not crashing! Every version later is crashing, every older Version of Kodi 17 is crashing.
Hold on to that one tightly Smile Just from your description, very odd that a software set-up crashes in play, points at a task at the 20 minute mark or overheating of the hardware (mini boxes are prone). I suggest keeping some sort of thermometer hardware/software on prowl. Wouldn't surpise me that the graphic engine is overworked in some versions, and this new one is slightly more efficient. Of course it could be a memory leak in whatever o/s you're using, and again a software monitor might tell.
No, i don't think it's an overheating problem.
I play a video or tv, 2 or 3 hours, no problem. When I stopp the video I see the Kodi GUI and 1 second later Kodi crashes with a windows error messages ("kodi is not working anymore").
I play a video 5 Minutes, I stopp it, no crash.
I do nothing, I see the kodi gui, 20 minutes (or 15 minutes or 45 minutes) later Kodi crashes with the same error message.

I think there is something with the graphic. But I tried everything. Different drivers, different settings, refresh rates...
Could be a bad memory spot and when it gets hit... bang. I'll ask for the proverbial debug log (wiki) posted to a public paste bin and linked back to this thread and we'll see if there is a clue to some software guilt.
I'm having the same issues here. Kodi is bailing out after a video ends. This is a fresh install of Beta 7 over a fresh install of Windows 10 Home. Tell me what else I can provide to solve this. Thanks!
Was having the same problem. Disabling Openweathermap seems to have resolved the issue.
Without logs we can only guess guys. Help us to help you.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
* Martijn looks into the time vortex and guesses Kodi crashes on the PIL image module which openweather uses
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I have similar issue, Beta7 and RC1. Please fix after holiday season and before final release, I like the weather information. Logs posted on TRAC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi is crashing after video playing0