Xbox Game Controller in XBMC for Linux? (gamepad)
Question 
It looks like Linux has a driver for the XBOX controller. I'm not at home and cannot check to see if I have this loaded and haven't hacked the hardware, if I was this might quickly become self evident. Anyway, assuming I have the driver and hardware can this controller be used to operate XBMC on Linux or must there be additional work? As things stand now I sometimes have issues finding certain functions that were natural on the controller - like the white button. I've never fooled with the XML file for the button mappings before, maybe it's time?Confused Am hoping it's a simple "it just works" sort of answer ASSuming my kernel has the support. I'm already learning I'm going to have to custom modify my kernel for USF 2.5 anyway so in for a penny in for a pound I guess.Nerd

P.S. Looks like the 360 controller works with XPAD too albeit with some issues as noted. Neat!
xbox 1 s controller works fine almost 100% like the xbox does I spent a lot of time mapping the keys in the keymap.xml
Thumbs Up 
Jezz_X Wrote:xbox 1 s controller works fine almost 100% like the xbox does I spent a lot of time mapping the keys in the keymap.xml

Excellent! I thank you for your effortNod It looks like figuring out how to compile a kernel is becoming even more important:p When I get home I'll start on this, it'll make figuring out some of the functions a good bit easier. I guess at some point it'll make sense for me to figure out the mappings in that file myself to use with whatever my final remote ends up being. So far the MCE remote has worked well but it's not always intuitive to me which button does what - hence the familiar controller :-)
Ubuntu allready has it compiled in the kernel you just need to make a usb connector and plug it in
Rainbow 
...I would be interested in using the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller though and that is supported by the latest kernel yet(?)

Then one would need a Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows

Huh
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Yeah its on my wish list too (and I would do a full keymap for it) but I really don't want to pay for one when linux may not support it proper yet
Smile 
See post nummer five in this thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=570642

I'm too much of a Linux n00b to try this myself, ...I just have to wait until it comes built-into the officially supported kernel Confused
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thumbs Up 
I'm a Linux newb tooOo However looking at that thread, a terrific find BTW, it doesn't look too bad. The code appears to be a replacement for xpad rather than a patch to it and I think judging from the comments it's aimed at Gutsy. Try pulling out the code and doing a make on it - it might just compile right up for you. The other steps appear to have you turning off the xpad module, removing it, and activating the newly compiled one. I've got a backup of my system so I cannot screw it up too badly but I've not got that hardware receiver. Cheap enough though!Nod I really do like my Logitech XBOX1 controller and will get that working first. I wonder if this xpad would recognize both pieces of hardware? That would be pretty awesome and would get my vote for being included in whatever distro XBMC gets turned into if that were true!

Good find guys.Nod
Another thread that makes setting up the 360 controller sound not too bad to do -> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=645075 Interesting that they don't seem to be mentioning any custom xpad code. I wonder if it's wired controllers they are using?

Looking at the reviews on NewEgg for that receiver though - wow people hate that 360 receiver! Most of it seems to be driver issues but there are complaints about power draw and interference too. I've lent my 360 to someone else for awhile so I guess this would give me something to do with my controllers :-) So far though I've seen nothing other than XBMC to control, guess I'll have to dig up some emulators or something.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox Game Controller in XBMC for Linux? (gamepad)0