Android SOLVED - System volume goes down repeatedly by itself?
Hi everyone. I'm not exactly sure if this is a Kodi or an Android issue, but we're experiencing some odd volume quirks on our Kodi 16 or 17 box (don't recall if it updated recently). We'll be sitting in the livingroom watching a TV show or a movie ... and all of a sudden for just a second or two this tiny little volume window appears "magically" all by itself at the very top of the screen, showing a singular tick of a volume drop. It's noticeable in the speakers too, as if someone just lowered the volume by a single notch. The tiny window at the top of the screen is just big enough so you can tell that it is a volume slider, and it's only there for a second or two.

If we don't react to that, it'll happen again within the next 24 hours or so. Occasionally this will happen twice in one evening. Then, if we check the primary volume settings in Android a few days later, the volume slider there will have moved from maximum down 5 or 6 or however many notches occurred while we were watching a few days earlier. The weird thing is that the magical volume slider (while we're watching) looks like a part of Kodi as far as colors and such go. It doesn't look at all like our standard Android (5.1) settings.

Anyone else ever experience this? We have an identical Kodi box upstairs and for some odd reason the volume never adjusts itself on that box. It's been on maximum without any problems for several months now. Weird ... Confused

Maybe some device is sending an ir signal. My remote (ps3 remote) turns on my bedroom heater on some keypress). Or perhaps a gaming controller?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I think that it had something to do with the default Android/Kodi Launcher from the factory. Downloaded and installed Apex launcher on the TV Box that we have upstairs (identical to the one with the volume issues) which never ever experienced any sound/volume issues. So I recently went ahead and installed Apex launcher on the TV Box with the "automatic volume adjustment" and haven't had any problems since then on that TV Box either. Yeah, the remote controls are interesting sometimes ... we have to point our 5.1 sound volume control slightly towards the floor ... to avoid having the remote change the light color on our mood lighting along the entire livingroom back wall which also uses a remote control. Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SOLVED - System volume goes down repeatedly by itself?0