Win KODI 16.1 "is not responding" window, but starts? Only first time after reboot..
Hi

I just made i fresh install on a new computer to my son, kodi worked fine from the beginning. This error have come after all windows updates and installation of antivirus programs.

Windows 7 64bit, latest update.
DX11 Nvidia gpu.

Info from KODI:
Free memory: 1906mb
Resolution: 1280x1024
CPU usage: about 2%
Version: Kodi 16.1 Git:20160424-c327c53

Every first time i start kodi after reboot i get an error, a window popup that says: "Kodi is not responding" and give me two choices "Close the program" or "Wait for the program to respond", after less than one second kodi starts but just in a black screen.

I can alt+tab from the black screen to windows and then click on kodi at the bottom bar in windows, kodi starts with no problems.

Is there a way in kodi or windows to find this error log and find out why? If i exit kodi and start it again it is no problems.

But it is a new build for my six year old so the shortcut must work without issues.

I have copied the appdata kodi folder from another computer with another username and hardware, but it worked fine when i started the first time.

I think kodi would start fine if it just waited little longer before the popup window shows.
"fresh install on a new computer" hardware requirements come to mind until I read the entire post. Your installation isn't by the book, and the headaches just copying the appdata kodi folder from another computer isn't on. Clean it all out and let's have a fresh start with Krypton, the default skin 'Esturary' is going to work out much better in the end.

Quote: kodi or windows to find this error log
Log file/Advanced (wiki) enjoy.
You ar right, i think it should say fresh Windows 7 install on a new build computer from old parts, 4gb ram 667mhz, Intel Xeon 4x 3.00GHz, GeForce GT 630 1gb :-P

I didn want to copy the kodi folder, but i some how forgot how to set up the library to only use local info.

Built like this:
Folder: Kids movies
Subfolder: Aladdin
Fils: Aladdin.mkv, poster.jpg, Aladdin-fanart.jpg and Aladdin.nfo

Aladdin.nfo:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<movie>
<title>Aladdin</title>
<runtime>87</runtime>
</movie>

This worked fine withe my other jarvis build but i cant get the posters and fanart to work.

Krypton i have tried, didnt like the layout. I like confluence, and my kids are used to it.

But i can try Krypton again with confluence. and see if i can find the right options in that.
Tried Krypton, it dose not use my posters or fanart, just the same problem i got before.
The local information scraper is built in, if you have previously exported the meta-data as separate files, each folder will have artwork (wiki)

Folder: Kids movies
Subfolder: Aladdin
Fils: Aladdin.mkv, Aladdin-poster.jpg, Aladdin-fanart.jpg and Aladdin.nfo

This convention should have your artwork showing up, with a local scrape. Your method is sloppy, and the fast and dirty .nfo creations aren't helping much Suggestion: The meta-data would be best handled with the Universal scraper (get in the addons), and in combination with artwork downloader, you'll make fast work of this. Perhaps a bit of a refresher with the links in my signature below will help?
The thing is a have renamed all movies to the swedish title, and all nfos (home made) have the swedish title, online databases dose not. And some movies are cut and remade, those are not online.

I got this working twice once on a windows pc jarvis 16.1 and on my retropie, so its not impossible.

I have made personal artwork for all movies so i do not want to download new.

They are on a local ftp, maybe thats a problem for Krypton.

And no, i do not use filename + poster, just poster.jpg, works fine on mu other builds, but i forgot how i config them.

You dont get any help on this problem on your links, i have read them over and over again every time i use a new build and i always end up in a forum thread with the right answer but i cant find that one now.

Atm it is 400 movies and 250 tv shows in my library so its not a question to rebuild it.
Quote:i do not use filename + poster, just poster.jpg, works fine on mu other builds
This used to be the way it was, but newer versions of Kodi like Jarvis use the filename + poster now, but you can manually add the art through extras, you will have to decide if renaming the posters, or manually scraping is the quickest way to get the covers to show up.

Your language changes hold etc., if the local information scraper see it, have you tried to manually scrape just one... to see if the .nfo is pulled in? BTW: all your files show up in file mode?
Restarted the computer, still having the same problem, Kodi v17:
Every first time i start kodi after reboot i get an error, a window popup that says: "Kodi is not responding" and give me two choices "Close the program" or "Wait for the program to respond", after less than one second kodi starts but just in a black screen.

My library works on two jarvis setups, i build the library two month ago on jarvis 16.1.

I will try scrap just one.
Kodi 15 do not have the error.

Have read about it, its something about the DX11 that seems to be the problem, im not the only one:

303368 (thread)
266149 (thread)
257881 (thread)
263057 (thread)
Circle around to my first response and Krypton, a proper debug log (wiki) posted to a public paste-bin and the URL linked back to this thread would unveil some of the issues.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=303368 Links back to this thread
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=266149 Links to Jarvis issue
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=257881 Links to Jarvis RC1
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=263057 Links to Jarvis.
Ok.

I have tried Kodi 15, works fine. Kodi 16 and 17 get the error.

I will now uninstall Kodi 15 and Install Kodi 17 again and get a log.

I know the links only contains Kodi 16, i have not search for the error in Kodi 17.
(2017-01-11, 10:24)sabelstrom Wrote: Ok.

I have tried Kodi 15, works fine. Kodi 16 and 17 get the error.

I will now uninstall Kodi 15 and Install Kodi 17 again and get a log.

I know the links only contains Kodi 16, i have not search for the error in Kodi 17.
Save yourself some pain / time and search for portable installs. In windows you can have as many versions of 15, 16, 17 as you want installed at the same time to compare (only one at a time running by default though).
First time i start Krypton it gives me a black screen, i used Alt + Tab to Windows, than Alt + Tab back to Kodi and it works.

Here is the log from the second start of Kodi 17, first start after restart of the PC.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/23780717/
I use this workaround now, Kodi starts and terminates when Windows starts.

Save this script as STARTKODI.JS in the Kodi folder.
Create a shortcut to it and place the shortcut in the Autostart folder in the startmenu.

Code:
WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.shell");
var command="kodi.exe"; //this may needs to be path fully qualified.
task=WshShell.Exec(command);
WScript.Sleep(10000);
task.Terminate();
WScript.Quit();
Is this a solve to the black screen?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI 16.1 "is not responding" window, but starts? Only first time after reboot..0