[Kodi 17 Krypton] Crash to Desktop bug around for years!
I never posted this report as I assumed some day someone else might post it and it'll be fixed in a newer release then.

But I just installed the release candidate for Kodi 17 to find out the crash to desktop still exists!

Steps to reproduce (tested this on 6 different computers!)

1) From main menu goto "Movies"
2) add videos
3) browse
4) UPnP Devices
5) select the one to add (add whatever you want and click ok to add it)

it's now added.

But now guess what, the UPnP location changes..
For this you have the "edit" button I presume?
That's where the bug is. If the UPnP location isn't valid anymore it's where the bug comes in.
Assume you just added a new UPnP location: upnp://41e772ab-248f-48ce-97d5-2d7b37c11642/taz1l1z1l15/ this is valid.
To reproduce this even without UPnP changing, we simulate the location isn't valid anymore by changing it in the "sources.xml"

6) goto sources.xml and find the string "upnp://41e772ab-248f-48ce-97d5-2d7b37c11642/taz1l1z1l15/" (of course you use the string you have got on your pc)
7) change the string a little bit. Change a "5" to a "6" or an "a" into a "b" just change it so it's not valid anymore (like when a media UPnP host changed )
8) restart kodi
9) go back into kodi to the UPnP location and right click "edit source" on the invalid source.
10) now click "browse"

CRASH TO DESKTOP!

If the UPnP is valid, you can "browse" and it won't crash. But if a media server changed the UPnP location, you can't simply use "edit source" and "browse" to relocate
it because it crash.

This is the case for many kodi generations. And I always wondered each new version never fixed this.

Obviously now in 17 it's still not fixed.

pleae fix it for the final!
So let me get this straight. You have a source, the path changes (for some undetermined reason) and you go back into sources and change the path? Of course there is no content as everything was scraped with the former path. Clicking on a dead path doesn't bring 'Remote Share' path not found or invalid requester? Crash happens here? (before or after the requester?). This smacks of a windows UPnP location issue or some sort of server problem not reflecting invalid path, perhaps that is why for many generations this issue is still with you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Kodi 17 Krypton] Crash to Desktop bug around for years!0