Controlling Chromecast over CEC with Kodi remote
The subject seems pretty obvious, is there some way to use kodi to send CEC commands to devices in the system?
I notice there's such a thing as CECToggleState, but I'm not quite sure that actually tells a device to play? Or is that power toggle? Is there some other CEC command to tell a random device connected to my receiver to start playing?

WHY I want to do this: Want to use the (usb+rf) remote plugged into Kodi to control Chromecast play/pause
System: Kodi on NVidia Shield 2015
Video: Panasonic AE3000 Projector / Samsung 46" LCD
Audio: Quad 2912 on Nord DM500Up with Marantz 7010 receiver.
Why involve kodi? Look at libcec for interacting with cec.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
If it were possible Google would have implemented HDMI-CEC TV - Chromecast remote control by now.

(2017-01-11, 07:13)wrxtasy Wrote: If it were possible Google would have implemented HDMI-CEC TV - Chromecast remote control by now.

I see what you did there.
Actually my TV's remote control can play/pause the chromecast..
(2017-01-11, 07:00)nickr Wrote: Why involve kodi? Look at libcec for interacting with cec.

True I suppose, but Kodi has an easy scripting language to handle keypresses etc. Seems like an easier approach than building my own linux daemon to listen for things?
Well kodi can run an arbitrary script on keypress. I guess it is a matter of figuring out the cec command to put in keyboard.xml.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-01-11, 07:13)wrxtasy Wrote: If it were possible Google would have implemented HDMI-CEC TV - Chromecast remote control by now.

They already have, you just get the basic, play, pause, stop and home functionality tho, since casting apps use a seek bar that you click on rather than the conventional FFWD or RWD functions.
Conversely the BT remote with my Android TV device doesn't do anything when casting.
Yep, my TV's remote control can play/pause the CC..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Controlling Chromecast over CEC with Kodi remote0