"Apple TV" or "Mac Mini" good enough for XBMC?
Sad 
senz Wrote:Does anyone know if Apple released any new mac minis in their expo goin' on right now?
I know (I kept track of the MacWorld Expo this year for that reason), and no, they did not release any updated Mac Mini.

I guess that you have to buy an 'old' Mac Mini and replace the CPU yourself if you want a fast one.
...or buy a AOpen MiniPC barebone instead (but that is off-topic discussion for this topic thread).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I just finished installing Ubuntu 7.10 on my 1.6 Ghz mac-min. Compiled XBMC and got my xbox remote working and digital pass-through. The 1.6Ghz in this config can play 720P just fine.

I still have some problem getting suspend to work all the time and I didn't have any test files to check how bad the 1080P would be, but my guess is that a no go...

I also checked and the fastes CPU on hand for this socket is a Intel Core 2 Duo T7600 Merom 2.33 Ghz.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductRev...6819111300

just a little $$$ for my taste, but I might wanna try...that could be fast enough!
madmax : when you say "xbox remote working" you plug ir on USB or native ir mac support any remote ? thx
Exclamation 
@madmax, please respect that this specific forum is for XBMC running on Mac OS X!
(Not XBMC running on Linux!, for that you want to post in the XBMC for Linux forum)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
nikothebouriko:

I have my xbox IR reciver plugged into a USB adapter cable one side got a Xbox female plug and the other side a normal usb male connector. I just like to use my original xbox remote for XBMC.

Gamester17:

I posted that to confirm that the mac-mini is "fast" enought at least under linux to run 720p content. And the add. info that one could upgrade is mac-mini up 2 2.3 Ghz. is valid for both Linux and OSX! don't be so harh on those rules...

I didn't start a new topic or something...I also try to compile and get the same I did under Linux under OSX right now...

madmax
Thx i found an adaptater photo

yes or there are ones on ebay which allow upto 4 controllers to be plugged into it.
madmax Wrote:...I also try to compile and get the same I did under Linux under OSX right now...

madmax

You have had a couple weekends to work on it since that post. How is it going?
petsounds Wrote:No, the Mac mini is excluded from the list of Macs the enabler supports. Apple probably did this because 802.11n requires beefier antennas when running at 5Ghz. I'm curious if they will increase the size of the mini when/if they update. I can't see Jobs authorizing the use of an external antenna hanging off the back, but it would be pretty tough to stuff it all into the current form factor.

I just checked apple tv in wikipedia to makesure, and it has draft n, so i don't think it has anything to do with form factor, since apple tv is alot smaller.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Apple TV" or "Mac Mini" good enough for XBMC?0