• 3(current)
High-Definition Video Flagging (library filtering/sorting & skin thumbnails overlay)?
For reference:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=33611
jmarshall Wrote:Here's the check so there's no misunderstandings:

if (upscale == SOFTWARE_UPSCALING_SD_CONTENT && (m_iSourceHeight >= 720 || m_iSourceWidth >= 1280))

Thus, it is considered SD if height < 720 and width < 1280. If either height >= 720 or width >= 1280 then it will be considered HD.

In your particular example of 960x544, that would be SD. If you actually meant 1280x544 (i.e. a 2.35:1 aspect) then that would be HD.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Rainbow 
As another example here are more mockups for how HDTV resolution tags could possibly look in the TV-Show episode information:

Note! These are only mockups for the AEON skin by djh_ (just as an example how this could be used in the future).
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
I would really love to see this in XBMC =)

I think it shouldn't be parsed from file/dirname, proper method should be an inital scan like Gamester17 suggusted, with an alternative to get data from external nfo.
Will the future Aeon skin allow selection of either SD or HD versions if both are available on disk?
hitman Wrote:Will the future Aeon skin allow selection of either SD or HD versions if both are available on disk?
That has nothing to do with the AEON skin, it would have to be a new XBMC library filtering feature.
Gamester17 Wrote:That has nothing to do with the AEON skin, it would have to be a new XBMC library filtering feature.

Ah, I mis-interpreted your reference to Aeon in your previous post.

Just eager for this feature to be in XBMC, it would round things of nicely for me.
Another vote for this feature to be implemented...
+1, especially if I could get HD recordings off DVBT via Myth TV added to the TV show library.
Hi everybody,

With the same idea, can we imagine logo for language and subtitle ?

It will be very useful for non-english users.
if the time it takes to query the info from the file during a scan is a concern, it could be done that this information is only available after the item has been played. im pretty sure this is what's done for subtitles.
I might as well add my desire for this feature since everyone else has. Big Grin

Excuse me if this has already been said but I haven't read every single post. Wink If it is to be added, we should come up with a detailed list of everything we wish to be able to query before finalizing anything.

This could include file resolution, audio and video codecs and their corresponding bitrates, # of subtitles and what language they're in, video length, etc. Perhaps we could also add tags to label items that are TV rips, DVD rips, etc. Maybe even specify whether the TV rip was from an HD source, satellite source, etc.

I would not mind having to play the video first for this information to be added to the database. Whether this information could be found using an nfo, the file/ directory name or actually loading the file to fill in blanks such as resolution, etc. You could tell XBMC to play the file and perhaps a small loading screen or message would appear for a few seconds at most and as soon as the actual video playback begins you know all the information has been saved. Then you could stop the video and go back into viewing your media and the appropriate tags will be there.
I would like to +1 this, with the added option of +100ing it. I'd then like to multiply the +100 by the number of slots I've provisioned in Aeon for using it, bringing the total to around +700. I can go higher if necessary.
djh: sounds like your math skills are nowhere near your graphic skills Wink

But hopefully you weighing in on this thread makes it reality. And I hope the audio flagging is being considered as well even thought the title of this feature suggestion is video flagging Big Grin
I'm just saying I'd like to see it and could definitely use it, though I appreciate it'll mean a lot of work for the team. So as and when, really.
agathorn Wrote:The complaints raised against such a system was the added time required for interogating each file to get that media info. I , however, have not personally seen how fast/slow that is so at this timei'm keeping all options open. I will see what I see when I get a chance to sit down and start messing with this.
That's one of the first things I wondered about... but then figured that the "media info" scanning feature could be user configurable (normal or advanced setting) and that the media info scanning could be a separate scanning process targeting entries found in the library (rather than all files), initiated after any library scans and only when XBMC is idle.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
High-Definition Video Flagging (library filtering/sorting & skin thumbnails overlay)?7