Backup/Restore essential things
Hello all,

I would like to start from a fresh install (cleaned up from add-ons, beta versions, tries...), but without having to setup again essential things like interface parameters (personalized menus...), system setup (IP address of the Pi, connection to centralized MySQL DB...) and things like MPG2 or WVC1 I bought.

What folders should I copy (and not copy to not include obsolete things ?)

Thank you very much Smile
My two cents...
(This is what I plan to do when LibreELEC 8.0 gets released...)

1. Install the add-on:backup (wiki) and Backup your full Kodi configuration and copy it to your PC/server
or
1. Copy your userdata (wiki) folder to your PC/server

2. Update LibreELEC and reset it to defaults
https://wiki.libreelec.tv/index.php?titl...C_Settings (Section 1.5)

3. Restore the settings (that you want) piece by piece using this page as a guide:
Userdata#UserData_folder_contents (wiki)
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
Thank you for this, but a question : what's the difference between "reset it to defaults" and a fresh install ? I'm not sure a "reset" will delete unwanted/unnecessary files, will it ?

Thank you Smile
Personally I just make an image of the SD card.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
(2017-01-20, 20:59)Sinisan Wrote: Thank you for this, but a question : what's the difference between "reset it to defaults" and a fresh install ? I'm not sure a "reset" will delete unwanted/unnecessary files, will it ?

Thank you Smile

@Sinisan, you'd need to confirm with a member of Team-Kodi/LibreELEC, but from the wiki, it looks like all configurations are wiped - so it should be the same as a fresh install
Quote:1.5 Reset To Defaults
Reset System Settings to defaults:
Permanently reset LibreELEC configuration to defaults. It also resets Kodi to default settings, including your library. Your media - music/video/etc are not touched. It is called a "SOFT RESET".
Reset LibreELEC to defaults:
Permanently reset LibreELEC and Kodi configuration to defaults (everything in your storage partition will be deleted).It is called a "HARD RESET".

(2017-01-20, 21:16)speedwell68 Wrote: Personally I just make an image of the SD card.
@speedwell68, yes that's also a good option.
You could use an archiving tool to open the image and get back the bits of config Sinisan wants.
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
(2017-01-20, 21:16)speedwell68 Wrote: Personally I just make an image of the SD card.

Thank you for your answer ;

Hum, I probably miss something in your answer : doing an image (and then restore the image) : what will be the difference "before" and "after" ? what i'm looking for is NOT to have everything as before operation, but, instead, have a fresh install with parameters I wrote, and only those ones, restored.
(2017-01-20, 23:38)zerocool_ie Wrote: @Sinisan, you'd need to confirm with a member of Team-Kodi/LibreELEC, but from the wiki, it looks like all configurations are wiped - so it should be the same as a fresh install

Thank you, I'll try, but from a fresh install, so, as there is no difference Smile (except I'll choose the fact version I want).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Backup/Restore essential things0