Laptop to Android Box
Hiya,

Just wondering.....Is there any way that I can control my android box with my laptop? It's kind of a pain to use the remote that came with it and it would be so much easier if I could control the box with my laptop. Typing would be a breeze! Any suggestions?
You can use TeamViewer if you want a remote desktop type of interface.

Otherwise I find this little Chrome extension useful sometimes: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...kejcfhcmjp

It uses the built in Kodi TCP connection and gives you a Remote Control style interface. Works best if you set a fixed IP address for your Android box.

Small tip: click options and then back to leave the Remote open in a tab rather than just as a pop up.

Hope this helps.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
You can use a web browser without that extension as well - the default Kodi web server serves up a remote control page. There are also Kodi remote applications in the Windows store, although I have no idea if they're any good.
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
Yes, but does the default Kodi web interface even function correctly anymore? It is marked as broken here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Default_web_interface

In any case, I found the extension to be much more attractive to use Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
Depends which version of Kodi you're using. Krypton for example now shops with chorus2 as the default web interface and is superb. I think you can install it on Jarvis too from the official repo, but don't take that as certain.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Limitless remote is a good program and is a solid remote I prefer using it with a tablet though. Droidmote is another popular one.

You can put most of your most used android apps on the kodi home page and use Kodi as a startup and go with those remote options as well.
Box: Matircom G Box AMLS812
Kodi: SPMC
Skin APPTV
Connection ADSL(11MPS) , Ethernet
Game Systems : Wii, PS3
Cable Provider: WOW! (Wide Open West)
Media servers (windows 10 PC) Mediaportal, Playon, Kodi

Good that we have so many options and can chose one that suits us best for the circumstances Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Laptop to Android Box0