Android Slow transfer under NVIDIA Shield
Hello,

I'm using Kodi 16.1 android under an NVIDIA Shield player, connected to a Synology NAS device (4-drive RAID) via Gigabit ethernet.

The problem I'm facing, is when I play an mp3 in the background and I try to access my photo collection, the mp3 playback starts to break up. So its impossible to start a slideshow with some background music.

Anyone seen this issue before? Is it a bandwidth problem with the Shield, or is it an issue with Kodi?

Thank you.
NVIDIA Shield 2015 -> HDMI -> ONKYO TX-NR609 -> HDMI -> SONY Bravia (9 years old now...)

ONKYO -> lots of cables -> BOSE
(2017-01-24, 13:31)ZombieViewer Wrote: Hello,

I'm using Kodi 16.1 android under an NVIDIA Shield player, connected to a Synology NAS device (4-drive RAID) via Gigabit ethernet.

The problem I'm facing, is when I play an mp3 in the background and I try to access my photo collection, the mp3 playback starts to break up. So its impossible to start a slideshow with some background music.

Anyone seen this issue before? Is it a bandwidth problem with the Shield, or is it an issue with Kodi?

Thank you.

Had similar where music would break up whilst performing another task and I found that modifying the video cache via advancedsettings.xml fixed it for me. I know you may think but this is audio and not video but give it a try and see if it fixes the issue for you as well. Check out the wiki page for how to make the changes. http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO%3AModify_the_video_cache
Debug log (wiki). No debug log, no issue.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow transfer under NVIDIA Shield0