REQUEST: TVlinks website is back online
new url is tv-links.cc
can someone make a plugin?
Wicked!
It seems to be quite slow atm, but if they havn't changed their layout too much that it should be quite easy to modify the old script to work.
Resolution on movies (even though the say "HD") is horrible. I guess if you are watching on a cell phone screen they might be fine but even in a window on my 22" monitor, the 3 I looked at were not watchable without eye strain and eventual head ache I'd guess.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Question 
Chronusdark Wrote:new url is tv-links.cc
can someone make a plugin?
Maybe it is just as simple as changing the URL in the 'old' TVLinks python script? Huh
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
The tv-links site is in name and "look" only. The structure of the site is different and as such changing the URL won't work. Someone who knows python (not meSmile needs to redo the script....
Rainbow 
Here here!

Well Done TV-Links on arising like a phoenix from the ashes! Long Live the legend!

It'll likely take the site a while to get back on it's feet. For a fresh relaunch I'm impressed its got so much content already. When the community returns to it things will hopefully go back to their it's old impressive self.

I can confirm that the links have changed. Previously it used to be tv-links.co.uk/link.do/number and /show.do/number

now it appears its
categories:

tv-links.cc/tv/
tv-links.cc/movie/
tv-links.cc/cartoon/
tv-links.cc/anime/
tv-links.cc/documentary/
tv-links.cc/music
tv-links.cc/sport

Suppose we could use the bullet points <li> to generate the list of specific shows:

Here's an example of the html code there:

<li><a href="/movie/2-Days-in-Paris.htm" >2 Days in Paris</a></li>

Which should allow us to condense the link to the page with the actual links on it and get the titles.

On the next page section titles there are included in <h4> tags so one would suspect that's easily enough parsed.

Course I'm no python god and won't be able to write the plugin myself but reckoned that might save whoever takes on the project a couple of minutes (unless I'm woefully wrong ;-D)

If I can help whoever is trying to do this out let me know and I'll do my best. I'm just an extremely inexperienced rookie though :-) still I reckon the only way to actually get learning this stuff is to get involved ;-)
TheBoxMan Wrote:Here here!

Well Done TV-Links on arising like a phoenix from the ashes! Long Live the legend!

It'll likely take the site a while to get back on it's feet. For a fresh relaunch I'm impressed its got so much content already. When the community returns to it things will hopefully go back to their it's old impressive self.

I can confirm that the links have changed. Previously it used to be tv-links.co.uk/link.do/number and /show.do/number

now it appears its
categories:

tv-links.cc/tv/
tv-links.cc/movie/
tv-links.cc/cartoon/
tv-links.cc/anime/
tv-links.cc/documentary/
tv-links.cc/music
tv-links.cc/sport

Suppose we could use the bullet points <li> to generate the list of specific shows:

Here's an example of the html code there:

<li><a href="/movie/2-Days-in-Paris.htm" >2 Days in Paris</a></li>

Which should allow us to condense the link to the page with the actual links on it and get the titles.

On the next page section titles there are included in <h4> tags so one would suspect that's easily enough parsed.

Course I'm no python god and won't be able to write the plugin myself but reckoned that might save whoever takes on the project a couple of minutes (unless I'm woefully wrong ;-D)

If I can help whoever is trying to do this out let me know and I'll do my best. I'm just an extremely inexperienced rookie though :-) still I reckon the only way to actually get learning this stuff is to get involved ;-)

Wasn't the original TV Links boss arrested? I don't think this TV Links is run by the same community.Try the Power FLV plugin, it has everything that TV links can offer...Quality is great!
Rainbow 
The original guy running tv links was arrested yes.

For 'offences relating to the distribution of copyrighted material'

but lawyers over here are still very skeptical over whether what he did is illegal - it's going to be a very interesting case. I personally think it might be quite a difficult thing to prossecute for.

Also the main problem tv-links hit was that it set up it's account in the uk (being a .co.uk domain) the new one is hosted in china - which is notorious for ignoring intellectual property issues.

The movie industry will have a much harder time bullying the chinese government to take action - they even sell pirate DVD's in chinese supermarkets....

Some analysts suggest as much as 90% of business in china opperates in violation of intellectual property laws.

All in all a very good move in terms of hosting and domain registration - mind you you're also dealing with the country with the most restricted internet access in the world so who knows ;-)
Whole story is actually quite similar to what happened to 'TPB' recently.

(I'm not sure what this sites stance is on naming torrent websites so I'm not going to give it long hand however the following BBC News Article might be interesting to you:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/cl...120845.stm )
is any one working on a script or plugin or is one already out?
Question 
I was just wondering why anyone has not even tried to update the plugin?? I'm sure that this can be done. I am surprised that non of the other plugin author's have tried to update this Plugin!?!Shocked Especially now that DIVX is gone. This plugin (if updated) could help coup with the loss of the other TV-streaming sites.

I know that TV-LINKS.CC has been requested to be added in NAVI-X and i also have seen requests being made for the plugin to be updated in the fourms. But Have not heard any responses from the Phython Coders to try to update the TV-LINKS Plugin. Any ideasHuhHuhHuh??
maybe because everybody does what you're doing. expecting somebody else to do the work for you
Smile 
spiff Wrote:maybe because everybody does what you're doing. expecting somebody else to do the work for you

I would not be requesting it if I knew how to do coding. I'm wish that I can be help in anyway. That is why I'm doing my part by requesting for this plugin. By bringing this tread up on top again... Coz people in the community who do not know how to do coding have requested this plugin many times in other treads as well. It is a humble request take it as you mayNod
i have started fixing the tv links script... i've gotton so far that i can parse the site and extract all the links to the shows... do i get this right, if there is no way to get to the source flv url there is no way i can use the link with xbmc?
Why don't you try sending that link to clipnabber.com and using the direct link to media it sends back? That's what Ooba does for 66stage.com...works with megavideo, toudo, youko...and veoh just stopped working in the past day or two. CN is pretty good at staying up to date, so it wont belong before veoh works again.

This is all making me question why there isn't just an XMBC companion program that wouldn't need to do everything in python...thus expanding what XBMC could do. Imagine it doing all the work for you and just sending raw mms and other media links from your PC to your networked XBOX. If media did come in multiple files, it could send all the links to XBMC and then those links could be played in order.

And I agree...people should stop requesting the balls off of scripts and plugins and learn to write them themselves. It is not hard. There are 10 minute python primers out there. Python is the easiest scripting language, hands down. There arent many concepts to learn. Most everyone I know that writes scripts for XBMC keeps them for themselves and friends anyway. That way they don't stop working in 3 days.

Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
REQUEST: TVlinks website is back online0