Easytone T95Z as a media player
Easytone T95Z Plus

Would this box be sufficient to run 1080p MKV movies between 5-10 GB in size from a portable USB powered external hard drive?

The KODI features would be nice also but basically I want a media player that has a nice looking interface (hence KODI skins) that plays 1080p smoothly from an external hard drive.

Is this the badger?

I read the thread about not buying cheap Chinese S912 Android machines. This is not one of those though is it? It has Google in the name so I presume it is a good make that will not be forever updating?

Any advice would be really appreciated as I know very little about android machines as I own a WDTV to play my media files.
It's one more time a chinese shitty box sold "fully loaded" by an asshole (you can even see that this seller only have "fully loaded" box to sell)
Moanbag is in da place!
@janner66,

The Piracy Box Sellers and Youtube Promoters Are Killing Kodi

Quote:If you see somebody selling a box that’s “fully loaded” or comes with the phrase “Free movies and TV with Kodi,” please, ask them to stop. And let us know. It’s OK to sell a vanilla Kodi box. It’s OK to sell a fully loaded box that doesn’t have Kodi installed or fully rebrands Kodi to something else entirely. It is not OK to sell a fully loaded Kodi box.

You will get no help here whatsoever for Fully Loaded Android Kodi boxes that nearly always have rubbish Firmware and that free stuff they promise, most of it will not work anyway. It all lies designed to take your money and provide no support.

Those review you see on Amazon are by clueless Newbs who know nothing of what a decent Kodi device looks like.

These days there is no point in even buying such devices when a nice, easy to use Android TV OS box, with a really excellent Wireless remote called the Xiaomi Mi Box is on the market. This device actually gets after sales support and bug busting Firmware updates. Android TV OS is far easier to use than the dinasour touchscreen OS these generic Chinese Android boxes come with.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=275083

https://www.android.com/intl/en_au/tv/

EDIT That device is an AMLogic S912 - the worst Android SoC and rubbish firmware you can buy. Steer clear.

(2017-02-01, 23:48)janner66 Wrote: Easytone T95Z Plus

Would this box be sufficient to run 1080p MKV movies between 5-10 GB in size from a portable USB powered external hard drive?

The KODI features would be nice also but basically I want a media player that has a nice looking interface (hence KODI skins) that plays 1080p smoothly from an external hard drive.

Is this the badger?

I read the thread about not buying cheap Chinese S912 Android machines. This is not one of those though is it? It has Google in the name so I presume it is a good make that will not be forever updating?

Any advice would be really appreciated as I know very little about android machines as I own a WDTV to play my media files.

Yes. It is. Read wrxtasy response c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y. He is not lying.

The T95Z is the same chipset as my XPLAYER S912 Octa core ARM 53 with 2GB/16GB. The box will meet your needs but its not for the faint of heart and you will have to customize it. The manufacturer will be gone faster than the millenium falcon hitting light speed after you purchase so dont expect any support.

The firmware on these chips are shit. Go to freaktab.com and get the T95Z custom ROM by Superceleron. It removes the bloatware and makes the box run much faster and fixes some small things. That will get most things working as expected.

So own the risk if you decide to get the box, but customized it will meet your needs.
Thank you for all your replies. I will do a lot more research tonight and read all the forum posts on here properly. I'm glad I asked the question now as it sounds like you have saved me from buying a lemon. The descriptions they give for the products are very convincing and coupled with the good reviews you can see why they are popular.
Yes better to get the full picture first before purchasing, a very wise move Wink

I suggest this thread...

START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Jan 2017)

W.

Thanks Wrxtasy Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Easytone T95Z as a media player0