Look up movie by imdb ID
Some movie names are difficult to find with imdb. How about allowing the user to input tt0116126 or 0116126 instead of

"Don't Be a Menace To South Central While Drinking Your Juice In The Hood"

and search accordingly ? Big Grin

It would bypass the need to scrape the search page altogether since the URI is deterministic: imdb dot com/title/tt0116126/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116126/
SandmanCL Wrote:Some movie names are difficult to find with imdb. How about allowing the user to input tt0116126 or 0116126 instead of

"Don't Be a Menace To South Central While Drinking Your Juice In The Hood"

and search accordingly ? Big Grin

It would bypass the need to scrape the search page altogether since the URI is deterministic: imdb dot com/title/tt0116126/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116126/

My question is why? seems like hard work when you can just grab that url pop it in an .nfo file along side your movie and its done for you.
I am pretty sure this used to work, have you tried?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
tbh it should work anyway but i cant see me making any changes to accomodate it if not, you would need to look on imdb to get the tt####### anyway so i dont see the point just .nfo it in that case then you never need look again.
I also remember that just entering the ID such as "tt0116126" used to work in XBMC.

So try it.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Weird, I thought I tried this. I guess I only tried 0116126 (without the tt). Looking up tt0116126 does indeed work.
The ID is "tt0116126" (not "0116126"), search IMDb.com manually on a computer webbrowser and you will see.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Look up movie by imdb ID0