• 4(current)
"Fusion" (ALPHA) skin, a little something i've been working on...
Star 
Ok guys there was a serious mistake on my part when I packaged the textures for release, I missed the graphics needed for the home screen!

If you have downloaded ALPHA 1 at any time before this post, and are finding yourself with a home screen with no graphics, and no way to tell what item is selected, please re-download it. Very sorry about that!
I really like what I see so far, I am re-downloading the skin now....but I am having issues with the blurb in the read me on the custom backgrounds it says that they need to be named "bg_tvshows" do the need to be in a certain format to show up ie. *.bmp or *.jpg?
Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:I really like what I see so far, I am re-downloading the skin now....but I am having issues with the blurb in the read me on the custom backgrounds it says that they need to be named "bg_tvshows" do the need to be in a certain format to show up ie. *.bmp or *.jpg?

If you are using the backpacks from Xephyr, you should just be able to extract them right into the Fusion/Media folder. I think all but backpack 1 had the correct naming scheme.

As for file format, BMP is what the backpacks use as this loads faster, but I think you can use BMP, JPG, or PNG. If doing your own backs you will want them to be the same aspect ratio as the Xephyr/Aeon ones.
agathorn Wrote:If you are using the backpacks from Xephyr, you should just be able to extract them right into the Fusion/Media folder. I think all but backpack 1 had the correct naming scheme.

As for file format, BMP is what the backpacks use as this loads faster, but I think you can use BMP, JPG, or PNG. If doing your own backs you will want them to be the same aspect ratio as the Xephyr/Aeon ones.

ok thanks so the ones on the aeon website will work as well?
Ok I just went back and looked at my readme and it was as clear as mud. It was late and I was tired when I wrote it Sad

To clarify for those who want to use the Xephyr/Aeon backs:

Currently the skin looks in a specific place for the backgrounds. They must be located in the Fusion/Media folder. Inside that folder you want to have several sub folders, named:

bg_tvshows
bg_movies
bg_games
bg_music
bg_pictures

Place your backgrounds inside each of those. If you are using the prepackaged Xephyr Backpacks, I think all but the first one has the folders named properly and you can just extract it right into the Fusion/media folder. Backpack #1 you will need to rename the sub folders as shown above.

Now in a future version of the skin I will be including skin settings where you can set these yourself, thus allowing you to place the backgrounds wherever you want.

So to recap, this is how your folders/directories on your Xbox should look:
Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:ok thanks so the ones on the aeon website will work as well?

Most definitely. Simply go to AEON -> Backdrops, download the ones you want, then unzip them and place them in the correct folders.
Just a heads up...when i build from the svn it errors off says its missing a file
Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:Just a heads up...when i build from the svn it errors off says its missing a file

If you want to use BUILD.BAT from the SVN copy, you will need to have XBMCTex.exe (from the XBMC tools) in the same directory.
Fusion ALPHA 2 Release

HIGHLIGHTS
-----------
- HOME screen navigation should be a bit smoother when using backgrounds
- Basic weather summary now displayed on the HOME screen
- Longer movie titles will now scroll when in MOVIES 2 view

DOWNLOAD
----------
Fusion_Alpha_2.rar (13.7mb)

CHANGELOG
-----------
changed: modified home wraplist to be more smooth with backgrounds

cleaned up Home.xml's wraplist code a bit

added: weather overview added to home screen
fixed: some errors in build.bat
tweaked: README to be a bit more clear in areas

tweaked: MOVIES view to feel less crowded
fixed: MOVIES and MOVIES 2 views to scroll longer titles until wrapping is fixed in xbmc
added: weather overview added to home screen

fixed: added missing gfx for home screen

fixed skin.xml to actually be my skin
so does it support 16:9 also or will everything be stretched as this was originally made for 4:3?
aart Wrote:so does it support 16:9 also or will everything be stretched as this was originally made for 4:3?

This skin is designed for 4:3, and does not currently support 16:9. I may make a 16:9 version at some point, but to be honest it would probably be a different skin. One of the design basics in this skin was making the most efficient use of the 4:3 display, and that wouldn't translate well to 16:9. Space would be wasted.
thats clear now...but that screenshot 2 posts above looks like its 16:9..thats what made me wonder. thanks for clearing it up. Maybe if JezzX releases his converter for skins, I could make it compatible with 16:9. I like what you created so far.
aart Wrote:thats clear now...but that screenshot 2 posts above looks like its 16:9..thats what made me wonder. thanks for clearing it up. Maybe if JezzX releases his converter for skins, I could make it compatible with 16:9. I like what you created so far.

I'll bet that the screenshot was taken from XBMC_PC in "pixel" mode.
jaredharley Wrote:I'll bet that the screenshot was taken from XBMC_PC in "pixel" mode.

Actually, its form the xbox. The reason the image seems widescreen is due to overscan, and some weirdness of how the screenshots from XBMC come out.

When I take the raw screenshots off the xbox, they have black borders around them that I assume is the overscan which I don't see on my TV. I crop that out. In addition, the screenshots always seem to me to be a tad stretched horizontally. They don't look that way on my TV but they do when they come out of XBMC as a screenshot. I have no idea why.
Exclamation 
A quick note to anyone who is running in PAL mode. Due to an oversight on my part (read: I forgot to test in PAL mode), you will most likely have some font issues. You can either pull the latest SVN version, or simply copy the font.xml file font in the NTSC directory to your PAL directory.

Sorry about that!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Fusion" (ALPHA) skin, a little something i've been working on...1