Is there an addon to backup settings, addons, library, etc?
Is there an addon or function to backup your library, addons, settings, etc that will allow for a seamless update? I apologize for the noob question. I couldn't find the answer anywhere on the forums.
(2017-02-07, 05:24)Borg-101 Wrote: Is there an addon or function to backup your library, addons, settings, etc that will allow for a seamless update? I apologize for the noob question. I couldn't find the answer anywhere on the forums.
Good question... There are a few floating around here and there. Personally, I just zip what I want with one of the file management apps. There was a BackUp app in the Kodi repo under Programs. That's a good place to start. It gives you an understanding of the structure as well.

§Glass<^>Rain§
From what I can see, there is two view points, just rename the folders in 2 locations of the old iteration, and install fresh. If you have exported to separate files, re-scanning is quick and easy. The other way is to just use the copy command in windows of the entire two Kodi folders to another location, install right over top and if there's issue, delete and copy back, no risk in either of these two actions.
(2017-02-07, 21:46)PatK Wrote: From what I can see, there is two view points, just rename the folders in 2 locations of the old iteration, and install fresh. If you have exported to separate files, re-scanning is quick and easy. The other way is to just use the copy the entire two Kodi folders to another location, install right over top and if there's issue, delete and copy back, no risk in either of these two actions.

This is what I usually do and had zero problems from Isengard to Jarvis. Almost nothing worked when attempting to go from Jarvis to Krypton though.

Saving the library is easy enough, but the settings for individual addons normally reset to default. I'll have to do a little more digging and report back my results.
Krypton is slightly different - it's been set up that add-ons not from the official repo will restore disabled by default and will need to be re-enabled manually by hand from the my add-ons section. You may be being affected by that, or as a result of it perhaps.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-02-09, 15:48)Borg-101 Wrote:
(2017-02-07, 21:46)PatK Wrote: From what I can see, there is two view points, just rename the folders in 2 locations of the old iteration, and install fresh. If you have exported to separate files, re-scanning is quick and easy. The other way is to just use the copy the entire two Kodi folders to another location, install right over top and if there's issue, delete and copy back, no risk in either of these two actions.

This is what I usually do and had zero problems from Isengard to Jarvis. Almost nothing worked when attempting to go from Jarvis to Krypton though.

Saving the library is easy enough, but the settings for individual addons normally reset to default. I'll have to do a little more digging and report back my results.
Are you definitely copying the folders in kodi/userdata/addon_data as well as those in kodi/addons?
Because I do that routinely and i haven't seen an addon revert to default settings. As Darren said they're disabled after a restore, but that's a different issue to work around.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there an addon to backup settings, addons, library, etc?0