Help with setting up and running Elan's Precompiled XBMC
robbiesullivan Wrote:Hello all, first off I have to say I'm a long time fan of XBMC and used it on my xbox for years. THe fact that its coming to the mac made my day this morning.

I installed everything as per the instructions in this forum thread. I receive the following error:

dyld: Symbol not found: _clock$UNIX2003
Referenced from: /Applications/XBMC/XBMC
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

I've got the path set in my .profile file that I created and verified that I had everything installed with port install.

Any ideas,
THanks
Rob

Frankly Rob, this is a question for the coders like Elan. Most of us here are just end-users.

I know next to nothing about Linux and Unix, but a quick search on line, some cross referencing and an educated guess, tells me that you might have some sort of mismatch between the Xcode tools and your OS.

What versions of the OS and XCode Tools are you running ?

Dudeman
I'm running tiger. I applied the xcode tools from the CD.
I think Leopard is needed for installing XBMC on Mac.

Leopard and Xcode 3.0(on Leopard DVD or download from web)
ooooooh its lepord only.... missed that..
Just one question about the .profile thing, I have set it to be export XBMC_HOME=/Desktop/XBMC/ and its named right .profile, but I still get errormessage after reboot that my home enoviroment variable not are set.

Should it be export XBMC_HOME=/Desktop/XBMC/XBMC again?
My path to XBMC looks like this:
Sorry about that, the correct picture path are http://www.geting.se/viewimage.php?image...re%201.png
Alright, some progress my .profile looks like this now
Quote:export XBMC_HOME=/Users/emilsvensson/Desktop/XBMC/
and I have removed it and made a restart and put it back again and restart but no progress Sad

Same problem as redkawa206.
gurkburk Wrote:Alright, some progress my .profile looks like this now and I have removed it and made a restart and put it back again and restart but no progress Sad

Same problem as redkawa206.

I think the problem is the last "/". Remove it, there should be no slash at the end of your path.

Dudeman.Eek
rokawa206 Wrote:well when i type in env i dont see xbmc. also im not sure when this happend but everytime i open terminal i get this at the top:

-bash: {rtf1ansiansicpg1252cocoartf949: command not found
-bash: /Users/rr/.profile: line 2: syntax error near unexpected token `}'
-bash: /Users/rr/.profile: line 2: `{\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;}'

so now im thinking this has something to do with it

Thanks again dudeman

Make sure your .profile is in plain text. It appears your .profile may be in RTF (RichText Format).
I have followed the instructions and can get XBMC to run, but it runs in 1920x1080 and all I get is a grey box; even after a reboot.

How can I get it to run in 1280x720 window?

My system is MacBook Pro 2.16GHz w/ ATI x1600
screen resolution = 1440 x 900
Nevermind, I figured it out. I had my XBMC_HOME set incorrectly.

wrong way:
export XBMC_HOME="~/Desktop/XBMC"

right way:
export XBMC_HOME=~/Desktop/XBMC
Dudeman: The / will be removed Smile

dts27: I also have it in rtf, I will try with txt directly when I'm home from work, but I think this might solve the problem Big Grin
you need leopard for this? lame Confused
hught78 Wrote:you need leopard for this? lame Confused

Good answer, that's what I call to make friends.
Obviously, there has to be a powerful reason why Leopard is required, probably something with the video drivers. Remember that this application isn't native, but a port from a port, so you can't ask for miracles.
You should be thanking Elan for the great work he has done, not just dismissing it with a "lame" comment.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with setting up and running Elan's Precompiled XBMC0