Movie Library Sorted by Top-Level Folders
Hello

Just a quick question to see if this is possible.

I have English language and Foreign movies streamed to my xbox, and want to be able to use the library.

But I have my movies in 2 folders: English and Foreign, and want to be able to choose which category first (English or Foreign), before viewing the movies themselves.

In Files view, obviously I can have these top-level folders come up first, then go into either one and view the movies.

But is it possible to have these folders 'English' and 'Foreign' come up first, then once I ENTER either of these folders, the library mode takes over?

I ask this because I would prefer to have a choice as to English or Foreign films first, and THEN decide on the movie. Of course I can do this in Files view, but then I give up library features.

And if I just use only Library view, then all my English and Foreign films get jumbled together, which I would prefer to avoid.

I am familiar with XML so am happy to edit/play around, but am new to XBMC itself so am not sure if this is possible to begin with.

Any help would be greatly appreciated Smile

Kind regards,

Jon Cegedis
I know its possible to make "file mode" sources that point at parts of the library, but I'm not sure if its possible to construct those in such a way that they work as database queries. Ostensibly, having one "Language = English" and another one "Language != English" would work for what you want to do.
you can make the weird sources by manually typing in videodb:// as the first part of the source's path, which will make you a browseable source. That in turn may help figure out the syntax, if its even possible.
Catchy Signature Here
Thanks for the quick reply Smile

I'm pretty sure I understand what you're saying, so I'll do some research and hopefully find out how to try this out - if not, hopefully someone else might be able to shed some light on this.

Thanks again for the reply Smile

Jon
it is not.

best you can do is stamp them with a genre then use those nodes, e.g.

videodb://1/3/<genreid>/

here 1 is the movie node, 3 is the genre node

this ofc implies manual editing of the db or using nfo files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Library Sorted by Top-Level Folders0