Win Kodi 17 + MySQL
My current setup uses MySQL for the backend, are there any issues with upgrading to Kodi 17?
I know that the Music library will have to be rebuilt for Kodi 17, will there be any problems in updating the MySql backend, for example is the schema the same?
I use the 5.5 series of Mariadb and had no issues upgrading

Sent from my SM-G930V
Both videos and music DB s will be updated. Mine went fine.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Out of curiosity, I noticed that the comment in the Wiki about MySQL 5.5 being recommended due to some users reporting issues with later versions appears to have been removed?

I've been using MySQL 5.6 (currently 5.6.35) as my back-end for quite a while without any issue.

Am wondering if others are using MySQL 5.7 (current is 5.7.17) yet, and if so, encountered any issues or has it been all fine?
Kodi 17.6 on multiple Windows 10 x64 machines with shared MySQL 5.6.43 database. Kodi 18 on Xbox One. Content (music, video, photos) stored on Windows Server 2012 R2 file server and accessed by SMB.
I have:

mysql-server:
Installed: 5.5.49-0ubuntu0.12.04.1
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Using MariaDB 10.1.13, no issues
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17 + MySQL0