Creating new view types?
I tried taking one of the view types in PM3 (BigList), copied it, changed the ID and names where appropriate to create my own new type, but it doesn't seem to show up in the list of view types when I toggle through them.

What is involved in creating new view types? I'd much rather create my own new ones for now rather than replacing existing ones.
you are limited to ID's 50 to 59 and you if you are keeping them in the same file you then need to add the <include> name stuff to the files like MyVideo.xml and so on and make sure the ID number dosn't conflict with any others included in there
Jezz_X Wrote:you are limited to ID's 50 to 59 and you if you are keeping them in the same file you then need to add the <include> name stuff to the files like MyVideo.xml and so on and make sure the ID number dosn't conflict with any others included in there

Ok its probably an ID number issue then. I wasn't sure what was taken, so I just went to a really high number, not realizing it had to be in that range.

Thanks!
On a related note, how would I go about changing the text displayed in the view choice button, eg: "View: Icons" -- Changing the name of the view is no problem, but changing that prefix "View:" is proving to be difficult. I tried changing it both in strings.xml and even directly in the label of the button control, but neither seem to actually change the text.

I have the same issue with the Sort By: button.. Is this changeable at all?
agathorn Wrote:On a related note, how would I go about changing the text displayed in the view choice button, eg: "View: Icons" -- Changing the name of the view is no problem, but changing that prefix "View:" is proving to be difficult. I tried changing it both in strings.xml and even directly in the label of the button control, but neither seem to actually change the text.

I have the same issue with the Sort By: button.. Is this changeable at all?

That is in XBMC\language\(your language)\strings.xml. Note that changing that will make it change in all skins as this is a built-in XBMC label. If you are looking for it to be skin specific then there is nothing you can do.
CHI3f Wrote:That is in XBMC\language\(your language)\strings.xml. Note that changing that will make it change in all skins as this is a built-in XBMC label. If you are looking for it to be skin specific then there is nothing you can do.

Hm... I did indeed try changing it in strings.xml but it still refused to change. Odd.

I'll have to look at it again.
Well you could write your own view switching control from scratch yourself (and use the Container.SetViewMode method to activate the relevant view)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Creating new view types?0