Stop Incompatible Addon Disabling?
Hello all,

Loving the new v17...thank you Smile

I have some self made program addons that I created years ago to perform some ms windows batch commands on demand.

I am not a python/PHP programmer or Kodi addon maker but I knocked these up after quite a bit of searching.

As I cannot get them to work like a regular addon I copy them into the addon folder manually. Kodi sees them and they work/run fine. Restarting Kodi comes up with a message that incompatible addons have been disabled.

Can any offer advise please on how to make kodi 17 see these as ok? I can only assume that I need to reference this kodi version somewhere in 1 of the files but nothing is jumping out at me to edit or change.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Confusion is just a state of mind.
It sounds very much like a thread I read yesterday that I now can't find.
Have a look in your addon.xml's at the required section:
eg
Code:
<requires>
        <import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.14.0" />
    </requires>
In his case he needed to bump the python version, from memory I think it might have been at 2.0.0.
Compare what's in your addon.xml's to what's seen in the <required> field in working addons.
(2017-02-12, 13:08)trogggy Wrote: It sounds very much like a thread I read yesterday that I now can't find.
Have a look in your addon.xml's at the required section:
eg
Code:
<requires>
        <import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.14.0" />
    </requires>
In his case he needed to bump the python version, from memory I think it might have been at 2.0.0.
Compare what's in your addon.xml's to what's seen in the <required> field in working addons.

if i look in my own working addon folders for v 17 python is indeed on 2.14.0. so that could wel be it
Cheers all for your speedy responses.

That was the exact setting I needed to change. I version was set to "1.0"

All is now well with the world again Tongue

Thanks
Confusion is just a state of mind.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stop Incompatible Addon Disabling?0