Custom Vortex visualizations presets and transitions
Big Grin 
Hello,
I am interested in extending the visualizations, new images and such.
Ex. New visualizations that can be themed to a skin.

How do I make these .vis files I see, that is a great place for me to start learning this.
Thanks for your help.
think you wanna look at this part of the source code:
http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/x...lizations/
Catchy Signature Here
Wink 
You does not need source code in order to make presets for our Vortex visualisation, see:
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/?tit...evelopment

also see these two topics that are stickys in this forum:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=22415
and:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=22365

They work similar to that of Milkdrop presets but are more flexible if I understand correct Cool
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
would be nice with some new ones... i like this much better than the milkdrop.

Is there more presets than in the tech build somewhere?
Glad you like it. Unfortunately there are no new presets apart from some by Morte0815 that you can find in this forum. I was going to add them to SVN but forgot all about it.

One of his presets didn't work properly because of a bug in the version of AngelScript I used so I started updating Vortex to use a newer version along with adding on screen display of compilation errors and a few other bug fixes. But I got distracted by some other things that were going on (usually the pub) so I never got it finished. I may take another look at it and try to add some more effects and presets while I am at it.

Please feel free to create and contribute your own presets though!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Sounds great... Presets including the CoverArt are really appreciated..

Let the pud rest for a while and give us some nice sheit Wink

thnx for creating this.
Did you ever find time to chuck these in ?
Hey guys. First post here. When you say Visualizations, are you referring to visualizers for music playback on the XBMC?

Cheers
formsoldier Wrote:Hey guys. First post here. When you say Visualizations, are you referring to visualizers for music playback on the XBMC?

Cheers

Yes
stuaxo Wrote:Yes

Ah, sweetness.

Question, is it possible for you guys to port the visualizers from say... iTunes? Or is all of Apple's source closed to the public?
formsoldier Wrote:Ah, sweetness.

Question, is it possible for you guys to port the visualizers from say... iTunes? Or is all of Apple's source closed to the public?

It would be possible to port the vis to itunes, but not sure anyone here wants to do it though (I might be wrong).

But feel free to give it a go as it'd be really cool Smile

If you just want milkdrop then thats already available for winamp, and there is project-m for itunes.

But if you were thinking on doing any porting, then don't port it to itunes, get vortex working on xbmc for windows and ubuntu first, then can think about porting the vis to other music players - I think vortex is xbox only at the moment, but I might be wrong about this.
i think he's asking if the itunes visualizer (magnetosphere) can be ported TO XBMC. i too am interested.
Hi guys,

found this topic as the only one with magnetosphere visualizer and xbox.
I really love this visualizer (which is iTunes default one) and it would be so cool to port it to the XBMC project.

Do you have any progress with this or at least has anyone tried working on it?

Additionally, maybe anyone could suggest a visualizer, which is similar to the magnetosphere one?
Hi guys,

I am a newbie to XMBC/KODI, just installed Matrix's Android image on my new Banana Pi and I am absolutely blowen away with the possibilities you get with this little media gold mine Big Grin

I stumbled into this thread when I was looking for further visualisations and now I am asking myself HOW I can use this preset and for which plugin is it actually meant to be used Huh ?

Thanks in advance Angel
this is a directx based visualizer - windows only.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom Vortex visualizations presets and transitions1