.nfo url and <movie>
Hi,

Using .nfo files and wanted to know if this is possible?

Code:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0457655
<movie>
    <title>After the Wedding</title>
</movie>

I would like XBMC to lookup the movie then only replace the Title.
no
ok, thanks. Would this be a feature in the future?
patch welcome
Could you please point in the right direction to get started on this feature?
sure.

VideoInfoScanner.cpp. in RetrieveVideoInfo, there's a block that checks for nfo files. if it finds a <movie> tag it grabs info and does a continue. if it finds an url it grabs the url and skips some blocks (the checks happen in NFOFile.cpp). you need to change the logic to check for both, and in the case of an url make sure you call videoinfotag.load() on the additional xml block after the usual scan.
ok, thank-you.
Know that you do not have to get the XDK to develop this as you today can compile XBMC for Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows/Win32 as well, see:
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/?tit...ment_Notes

Please submit the patch if you do:
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/?tit...it_a_patch
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I am going to be making nfo files for all of my movies so that it is directed to the correct movie on IMDb every time when scanned into the library. Since I was going to be doing this I was wondering if there is anyway to make the library database use a certain title for the movies also, that I would specify in the nfo file instead of it using the IMDb title.
Yes - see the online manual on XML-based nfo files.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Was it added to be able to use both JM? I think what the OP is saying is they would have the address to the IMDb page and they want to also use a custom title instead of whatever gets grabbed from IMDb. (Which is something I would love also Wink ) It was discussed here but I didn't think it was added.

Personally, I would love to use it that way but...not smart enough to add myself. Sad

J_K_M_A_N
Yes JKMAN this is exactly what I am wanting to do. Use a custom title instead of the one grabbed from IMDb. Is this possible?
I had a look at the code and couldn't make heads or tails - not a programmer at all. So anyone out there with some programming knowledge could please have a look would be greatly appreciated by all XBMC users.
I also think this would be a very nice feature. There's a quite a few movies for which IMDb has different names than what I know them as.
I couldn't find VideoInfoScanner.cpp or NFOFile.cpp anywhere in the xbmc structure. Am i missing something? If someone points me in the right location i'll have a go at editing it.

I'll also change my movie cleaner to accept different movie names. For me this would fix foreign films and trilogies: raiders, evil dead etc.

Good idea.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.nfo url and <movie>0