My skin is incompatible? No its not!
I'm not sure what is going on here. I compiled a CVS version of XBMC and moved it to my xbox so I could start trying to work on the underlying code itself, but when I do this suddenly XBMC insists my custom skin is not compatible.

The skin worked fine on the latest T3CH build, which isn't more than a week or two old. The skin's version is set at 2.1, and I also tried 2.0. I even tried using PM3's skin.xml file, but XBMC refuses to load the skin.

I'm extremely confused. Any ideas?
The log file states what version it's read, so that will eliminate that. Otherwise, we check for font.xml and home.xml existence. Debug log should give you some idea at least, otherwise just throw a couple of breakpoints in CApplication::LoadSkin().

Also, I use win32 to build + test changes personally - bit easier + quicker to debug without bothering with debugging remotely.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

havn't heard "CVS" in awhile :-S
Isn't it all "SVN" now?
stanley87 Wrote:havn't heard "CVS" in awhile :-S
Isn't it all "SVN" now?

Old habits Smile

FYI for anyone else reading this, I got it working. The problem stemmed from the idiot behind the keyboard copying over the wrong files for 2 days straight and not realizing why it wasn't working.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My skin is incompatible? No its not!0