[REQUEST] Display local movie listings / showtimes?
i'd still like to see support for local movie listings. my palm has a great program called showtimes. the problem is that i don't use my palm much so it's not as handy as the tv is.

in it, you basically put in your desired zip code, much like the weather, and it comes back with a full list of theaters for that area (based on yahoo and others). i should point out that showtimes works all over the globe based on only a couple movie showtime sources. anyway, from that list you then simply either included or exclude theaters from your desired list and from that point forward you then see movie listing for only the desired theaters.

in addition it allows you to view by theater or movie simply by clicking a single circular icon. one moment i'm looking at the listing for the local sony theater and i select "kill bill vol. 2". i then just click the icon and i see when and where kill bill vol. 2 is playing in my list of desired theaters. very handy.

anyone else think it's interesting?
in the spirit of the weather.com, imdb, etc. internet lookups, would it be possible to add a movie showtimes window for your local movie theater (and others, ala the weather page). i'm not sure what internet site you would use to gather the info, but maybe there's an easy way? that would be pretty cool...

great work on everything by the way.
i with ya pfunk! on my palm it gets the data from yahoo and parses it just like xbmc does for music data from allmusic.com. there are also equivalents for countries yahoo doesn't handle. pretty great stuff.

i know i'd use it all the time. it would be great to handle it like the palm. on their app, showtimes, it has a single center button you can click to swap between "is showing" and "is playing at". what changes is what's above it. the first one shows theaters on top and movies on the bottom so that if you pick xyz theater up top, you'll see all the shows playing there below it. if you then click the button and switch to the other mode, you see all the movies in the local database and you pick a movie and it will show you where it's playing.

it also includes all the times, who's in it, a synopsis and more.

i'd use this all the time. however, i've also mentioned it at least twice here and got very little positive feedback.
Just updating this thread in case new people come across it.

Nuka made a great plugin for this.

Theater Showtimes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Display local movie listings / showtimes?0