Digital Out : send dummy (padded/wrapped) data instead of stopping signal?
Question 
Hi there,

A while ago I posted here about a problem with my hifi setup. I wired my XBOX to an amplifier via digital out (optical), and I had some glitches : CLIC when I stopped music or sounds, or when I intentionaly switched tracks.

This problem came up with every codec, every configuration, as long as it was sent through digital cable. This problem didn't came up when I wired my XBOX in analog to my amplifier.

Discussing with some people, it came up as if the XBOX was stopping the data flow to my amplifier, which, being a hifi amplifier not so much thought to be used in digital, despite the digital entries, was making this CLIC sound while reinitializing itself to the signal.

I was wondering if there was any way to send dummy data to digital out, as a plugin or an option, in order to prevent the digital out to stop.

I surely may be mistaken in my interpretation of my problem so please teach me a lesson if necessary :-)
I have the same thing happen on mine. Its especially noticeable when the GUI sound effects play...
Catchy Signature Here
I get the same, and a horrible white noise sound when i turn the xbox off sometimes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Digital Out : send dummy (padded/wrapped) data instead of stopping signal?0