Question running Kodi17 and Kodi18 on devices
Hi

I thought i would post here as the platform doesnt matter, its a question on running difference version of koid with a synced/shared library

I want to start using CinemaVision on one of my Pi's. It's only supported and working on Kodi 17. All my Pi's are running kodi 18 libreelec 307.

Does anyone know what issues I might have rolling back one pi to kodi 17 while the rest progress with the libreelec beta builds?

Thinking about it, i dont think this will work at all....

Kodi 18 = Movie DB 108
Kodi 17 = Movie DB 107

So if i ran 4 kodi 18s and 1 kodi 17, i would have a split DB with different watched statuses wouldn't I?

Thanks
Nick
Different watched statuses, different entries. You'd have to scan stuff in on the v17 boxes separately from the v18 ones, for example.

You could perhaps share the library via UPnP, though?
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
Arg. That's a headache. That will teach me to follow too close to the cutting edge of the Libreelec builds..

Ideally I wanted to keep all the builds as close as possible to one and another. With k18 still in alpha, CinemaVision won't get into development to support k18 until it's in beta.

So it looks like I either roll all devices to k17 or I wait

Thanks for the reply confirming my fears..

Thanks
Nick.

Sent while on the move
Look at the UPnP sharing. I don't know this, but you should be able to use one of the Leia systems to effectively import from mysql and then export to the Krypton device, just by setting a few options. So, you're mostly the same setup still, and it's easily reversed if, say, the navigation isn't up to your liking. Downside is that you'd need to leave the UPnP server switched on, of course, which may not be ideal.
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
Thanks for the reply. I might spend some time investigating the UPnP route.

Thanks for the suggestion

Sent while on the move

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question running Kodi17 and Kodi18 on devices0