v17 Opening ACTION MENU on Sony TV stops video playback
Same problem with a Bravia 2017. As mentioned above, SPMC doesn't seem to have this issue.
FYI, this issue is fixed with latest Kodi Leia nightly.
(2017-08-26, 13:05)CiNcH Wrote: FYI, this issue is fixed with latest Kodi Leia nightly.

Any way to manually fix this in 17.4? it really bothering me Sad
The problem is still present in 17.5 (current release version from Google play store).
That will not be "fixed" in Krypton
I too would like to know how to manually solve or workaround this in Krypton since Leia is still to alpha (doesn’t work het on Sony Bravia )

Does it involve Charging the keymap file ?
Please read the post above yours.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Saying it will not be fixed in Krypton ? I read this, that’s why I ask if there is a manual workaround for the time being ... I already tried to use the keyboard.xml keymap from Leia and put that in the userdata folder but that doesn’t help...
Read the whole thread then, it requires code changes which are NOT being backported to Krypton.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2018-01-07, 00:34)edd-- Wrote: I too would like to know how to manually solve or workaround this in Krypton since Leia is still to alpha (doesn’t work het on Sony Bravia )

Does it involve Charging the keymap file ?
 errrr....... what?
Leia works just fine on Bravia. Or at least, as fine as Krypton did. I'm using it since first nightlies and the only issue was that most files on my fritzbox NAS SMB shares had wrong file size and they wouldn't play but that was fixed a long time ago.
I just tried the latest nightly of Leia on my Bravia 2015 TV. The action menu issue is fixed BUT I have horrible frame drops every several seconds! I've tried every setting I could change to no avail.. Is there a better Leia build to try?
OK, I tried the 12/21 build and the choppy video is gone (and the action menu still works properly)
Yeah, something is wrong with the clang builds...
does setting sleep timer on tv still stop playback when its asleep (does with krypton). i remember i tried a build awhile ago which action menu didnt freeze playback but then the sleep would not stop playback and when you turn the tv back on its been playing all night lol.
Hi everyone. Smile

I have the same problem with KODI Krypton V17.6 on my Philips Android TV, model 55PUS7181/12. I searched Google and found this thread. Is there another version of KODI which doesn't have this issue that I can install?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Opening ACTION MENU on Sony TV stops video playback0