XBMC Mouse Trouble
Smile 
Thanks for working on this project!

I was able to DL the package and get it "installed". The App fires right up and looks great! I am having a few issues however.

1st - It looks like the network isn't working. I know the network on my iMac is working fine, because I am typing on it here. However when I try to connect to SMB shares by name or browsing it doesn't work. Inside the network settings the network options for all interfaces are all disabled and grayed out.

2nd - I had a heck of a time trying to fill in boxes because in some places when you would hit "Enter" to complete the entry it would actually add extra characters.

3rd - I enabled the mouse to add in entering data. The cursor was limited to only half of the window however. I could use it to select features on the left hand of the screen, but it would stop moving at the middle of the screen when moving right. Almost like it hit an invisible wall.

4th - The Apple Remote doesn't work.

I know that #4 is probably being worked on and I am waiting patiently. The other issues could very well be my fault. I am just posting here to see if anyone else is having similar issues.

Thanks!

MJM
mjm7496 Wrote:Thanks for working on this project!

I was able to DL the package and get it "installed". The App fires right up and looks great! I am having a few issues however.

1st - It looks like the network isn't working. I know the network on my iMac is working fine, because I am typing on it here. However when I try to connect to SMB shares by name or browsing it doesn't work. Inside the network settings the network options for all interfaces are all disabled and grayed out.

2nd - I had a heck of a time trying to fill in boxes because in some places when you would hit "Enter" to complete the entry it would actually add extra characters.

3rd - I enabled the mouse to add in entering data. The cursor was limited to only half of the window however. I could use it to select features on the left hand of the screen, but it would stop moving at the middle of the screen when moving right. Almost like it hit an invisible wall.

4th - The Apple Remote doesn't work.

Thanks!

MJM

1. There is no SMB support per se. However, that doesn't mean you can't use a shared folder. Simply mount it in Finder, then set one of your sources to be the /Volumes folder. That way you can see all the mounted volumes.

2. This is know problem, like when you try to manually enter movie names and such. Pressing any of the PgUp, PgDn, delete, backspace, home, end and the arrow key does not work. It used to crash the app, now they're simply ignored. I'm sure that this will be fixed sooner or later, but for now, Elan and his team are working the bugs out of video playback. All the rest of the stuff will fall in place eventually.

3. How did you "enable" the mouse?

4. That's correct. It will be worked on soon enough.

Dudeman
I enabled the mouse by going to: Settings / Appearance / Look & Feel
Ok progress....

I tried adding my external drive and no dice. I added it by name and also tried to find it by browsing. More than likely I'm an idiot, but I couldn't seem to get it working.

Also... I tried to add my "Movies" folder which contains aliases to the external drive. This also didn't work. When I moved a movie into my "Movies" folder I was able to see it and launch it in XBMC! Movie looks to be working great and AC3 audio is working fine!

I'm really excited about this project and am really looking forward to increased functionality. I'm a newbie to this whole beta process so I wasn't sure if I should be logging any of this as "bugs".

Thanks so much to everyone that has put in the time and effort to make this project a reality!
mjm7496 Wrote:Ok progress....

I tried adding my external drive and no dice. I added it by name and also tried to find it by browsing. More than likely I'm an idiot, but I couldn't seem to get it working.

Also... I tried to add my "Movies" folder which contains aliases to the external drive. This also didn't work. When I moved a movie into my "Movies" folder I was able to see it and launch it in XBMC! Movie looks to be working great and AC3 audio is working fine!

I'm really excited about this project and am really looking forward to increased functionality. I'm a newbie to this whole beta process so I wasn't sure if I should be logging any of this as "bugs".

Thanks so much to everyone that has put in the time and effort to make this project a reality!

All mounted volumes (USB drives, CD, DVD, shares, etc) can be found in the /Volumes folder. The problem is that you can't see it because it's one of the hidden system folders.

You need to manually add the /Volumes folder as a source to your sources.xml file. To do this:

1. Right click (or CTRL + left click) on the XBMC application, then select "Show Package Contents".

2. Navigate to Contents/Resources/XBMC/User Data.

3. open sources.xml using TextEdit, and add the following lines under the "video" heading:

<source>
<name>My iMac</name>
<path>/Volumes</path>
</source>

You can change the name fro My iMac to whatever you want this to appear as in the XBMC list.

4. Save the file, restart XBMC and you should be able to see a new source in the Video section called My iMac or whatever you called it. when you select it, all the currently mounted volumes will show.

Aliases are not recognized correctly by XBMC so don't use aliases.

DudemanNod
That worked... Thanks!

1 more thing. The window isn't opening full screen. Is there a key combo to make it so? Or is this something that is still being worked on too?

Thanks!

MJM
fullscreen

Settings - Apperence - Screen - Resolution - set to your resolution - restart xbmc
Excellent! That worked spot on. Thanks much. I need to start playing around with it now to see what else I can bitch about J/K! :-)

I really like the flexibility of this software.

BTW... What is it using to play the movies? I played a movie that I would have sworn was AC3 and my receiver said was DTS. Does this use VLC, MPlayer, QT or its own engine of some sort?
on Mac/Linux xbmc own dvdplayer(on xbox mplayer and own dvdplayer for dvdr)

I can be wrong If so correct me.
@mjm7496
more info on xbmc dvd player used in Mac xbmc http://xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index.ph...=DVDPlayer

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Mouse Trouble0