Play Disk keyboard shortcut
Wink 
Hello, is there a keyboard shortcut for the launching the playback of a disk (DVD or audio CD) in the drive?
Thanks,
Gz
Keyboard controls (wiki) Insertion of a disk, usually brings a requester and is auto-magically added to sources.
What is a requester? Can I launch the CD source via a keyboard shortcut?
Check settings>player>disks> you will find a page dedicated to handling DVD's and CD's including what is to be done on disk insertion. A requester is a pop-up that gives you a choice of this or that. I gave you a link for the keybaord controls, if you choose to map your keyboard for a complex function, you could set that up.
Thanks PatK. I checked my settings and Kodi is already set to play disks on insertion. However I want to use a keyboard shortcut to launch disk playback when the disk is already inserted in the drive. I searched inside the Keymap Editor Addon but couldn't find anything to do with disks. Help?
I guess you're going to have to get creative, if the key-map doesn't cover it then some sort of script or batch file linked linked to one of the keys might be your only alternative.
Hello PatK, sorry for my reply's delay. So you mean I should learn how to develop some kind of plugin for Kodi?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play Disk keyboard shortcut1