Lirc, how do i get it working?
soder Wrote:When looking at http://lirc.sourceforge.net/software/snapshots/
I now guess the version I have is pre1, just that it shows
htpc@htpc-desktop:~$ lircd -v
lircd 0.8.3-CVS

and thats I named the dir only lirc
Is it possible to change the patch in someway?

/Soder

Still no one that know what Im doing wrong?

/Soder
Just another question. Ive some editing in my Lircmap.xml, matching som functions from the codes and names from my lircd.conf.

But, is it in Keymap.xml I'm going to do some editing to, if I want a button to have different function i.e Movies and Music?

Or isnt that possible?

/Soder
Nick8888 Wrote:The instructions are on the website I linked to.

You download the lirc version they suggest and extract it to your home folder.

Then you get the patch and also extract it to your home folder.

then you follow the steps to install lirc from the lirc page.

Will you please try to help me one more time, and please ask to my questions I already wrote?

Im using the "codes" you gave me, but I cant get the patch working, and therefor, will not my pad work in the dirs up down left and right.

/Söder
Finally I successfully managed to install ati remote wonder and it seems to work (not tested intensively).
Nevertheless I have a problem regarding button timing. When I press a button repeatedly quickly, after 3 times it is jump 5 more. For example when I am browsing the movie library, and pressing DOWN button 3 times quickly, it suddenly jumps to the 8th item.

Is there a parameter to tune in lircd.conf to avoid this?
Is it possible that some of the posts dissappeard from this thread?
I am pretty sure that this thread was including usefull how-to steps and sample hardware.conf, lircd.conf before. Or just I am too stupid not to find those again?
I have a Snapstream Firefly and the problem I'm having is that I've installed LIRC but nothing comes up in IRW. The receiver shows up in lsusb, I've tried several different remotes from the atiusb .conf file, including the Snapstream Firefly, and none of them get anything to come up in IRW.

This is a fresh install of Jaunty.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lirc, how do i get it working?0