Can't connect to my NAS
Hello everybody,

I recently discovered the .1 release of OSXBMC, and frankly it rocks. Only thing I can't get to work is to connect to my NAS.

I have a mixed network with macs and PCs, and a QNAP TS-201 NAS I use as storage server. From OSX, I can get onto the NAS through an "afp://xxx" address. However, when I try to add a new network location in OSXBMC, I only have the choice between SMB, TuxBox, UPnP, FTP and iTunes.

However it works with FTP, the playback is choppy and there's quite a long delay before the buffering is complete.

So, is there a way to link to my NAS using standard apple networking, or is this a future planned feature ?

Thanks in advance !
This have been said many times: Internal network mounts doesn't work. Use finder to mount shares and locate them from /Volumes. You can symlink your /Volumes/<drive> to ~/Movies or just add /Volumes to sources.list
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=165...stcount=28
It is possible that unless SMB improves in Leopard, you may be better off just pointing to the mounted AFP volume on your computer anyway. I recently purchased a MacBook and have had loads of trouble getting my NAS (NexStarLX) to work well with the Mac. I had to install a beta firmware in the NAS to even see any files... it doesn't stay connected well and can be wacky in general... In playing with FreeNAS as a virtual machine on my XP box and setting it up with AFP support, things became pretty rock solid. I was trying to store an iTunes library of music on the NAS rather than clog the drive on the Mac. Anyway...just so everyone is aware... not all SMB NAS solutions work well with Leopard.
From Elans blogg today.

We’re planing to make another release in the next few days that will incorporate some fixes and updates (like AAC support in videos). I’ll give SMB a try as well.
dailydisco Wrote:It is possible that unless SMB improves in Leopard, you may be better off just pointing to the mounted AFP volume on your computer anyway. I recently purchased a MacBook and have had loads of trouble getting my NAS (NexStarLX) to work well with the Mac. I had to install a beta firmware in the NAS to even see any files... it doesn't stay connected well and can be wacky in general... In playing with FreeNAS as a virtual machine on my XP box and setting it up with AFP support, things became pretty rock solid. I was trying to store an iTunes library of music on the NAS rather than clog the drive on the Mac. Anyway...just so everyone is aware... not all SMB NAS solutions work well with Leopard.

I had a similar problem with my 2 Quantum Snap Servers. The problem was that after I got my new iMac which came with Leopard pre-installed, I could not play almost any video directly from the Snap. The old Mac with Tiger was just fine (6-7MB/sec), but the iMac would only average 150-300KB/sec. Sometimes it would stall for a a few seconds then start again, bad stuff, performance was absolutely dismal.Confused

After lots of searching I found a solution to the problem. I wish I could remember where I found it to give these folks their kudosWink, but here is the solution:

You need to change the default value of net.inet.tcp.delayed_ack from 3 to 0

You can do this by adding the following line to /etc/sysctl.conf:

net.inet.tcp.delayed_ack=0

Or you can use (like I did), IPNetTunerX to do it.

After I did this, my average transfers to my snap are 7.5-8MB/sec reads and 9-9.5MB/sec writes.

I hope this helpsNod

Dudeman

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't connect to my NAS0