[Request] Plugin/Script - Control Point
Hi all , Never requested anything before but here goes, please don't flame me if this is impossible Smile

There is this podcast site i love,It's a gaming podcast based around Team Fortress 2.

http://www.deadworkers.com/tf2/

16 episodes so far with download links or steaming. Would some kind soul consider making anything for this site?

It really wouldn't have to be anything fancy, just a way to be able to view the links on the Xbox and Stream them and/or download them.

A huge thanks in advanced for anyone that can help.

Cheers!! Big Grin
One of the podcast plugins from the following should do it:
http://theendofthelongestline.de/xbox/do.../index.php

However, to use plugins you might need one of the SVN builds.
Thanks for the reply, Is that a general comment to the thread or aimed at myself?. Sorry i'm not sure i fully understand you.

Do you mean this script or plugin could be made from existing plugins already made or something you linked to on that site would enable me to do this right now?

If it's something i can do right now what do i need? i already have a fully updated xbmc.

Cheers.
Basically, the plugins "Podcats" and "Podcast2" play podcasts. If you add the rss feed to their index, you can watch the entries in the feeds.
Thanks for the tip! I didn't think it would be so easy.I've now got that site and a few more in my favourites up and running now.

Many thanks.. Smile
Sorry for the double post but i couldn't find the edit button,Maybe i should make a help thread if you guys don't like people posting for help in here?

Looks like i spoke too soon. The links load fine but all the podcasts skip to the next track or if not in a playlist just stop after about 8/9 minutes or so.

By changing the cache size it plays for a bit longer but never the full amount.

256 minimum cache plays for about 1 minute then stops.4096 cache (max) plays about 9 minutes worth.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Cheers.
Rainbow 
There's at least three places the problem can lie:

1. - In your house - stop downloading stuff from torrent websites/ itunes/ using webcam/ VoIP or whatever you're doing like that.

2. Your internet connection - upgrade to a faster one (or one with a different company they're frequently not all they're cracked up to be).

3. The podcast's server's bandwidth isn't good enough to allow you to stream it (possible). Consequently it doesn't matter how much of options 1 and 2 you do it won't work.

In this case the only thing you could do is download the actual episode and then play it.

Also you can set the cache much higher than 4096. I sometimes use 16megs for Todou or such sites which have terrible bandwidth.

Perhaps update to latest version of XBMC? (perhaps this is a tweak I've made in some setting file myself?).

If the size of the cache is bigger than the episode itself you should have no problems!
Thanks for the reply, I wish it was 1 of those things you listed then i could fix it.I wasn't downloading anything or using my connection when the files skip.

They always skip at around the same time,This tells me its not my connection doing it.I must have tried 30+ pod streams, all do the same thing.It happens to more than 1 site.

The podcasts from the site on my PC all stream perfectly well.

I have a 20mb connection. It's more than fast enough.Other things are not an issue.ISP is fine.Home connections set up is fine.No messy routers, I am directly connected to my modem.

It happens to all podcast sites on my xbox. Latest T3CH version of XBMC

max cache size is 4096kb (4mb about) but the average podcast is much bigger.

Anyone got any other ideas? Please. Smile

Thanks.
Ok then. I have tested the Team Fortress 2 podcast with the Navi-X script and do have the same problems. The files just play for a limited time. I am using an older t3ch build. This means it is not the latest build version.

I could solve the problem simply by first downloading the podcast file and then playing it (Navi-X allows you to download the podcast). Downloading takes just a few seconds. Playing the file from the XBOX local hard driver works fine.

So a possible solution is to get the Navi-X script at http://www.navi-x.nl/. Your podcast can be found in the "podcast/new releases" folder.

And indeed it is a nice podcast.

Have fun.

Rodejo
Thanks ever so much for that.Made me smile seeing that podcast already in Navi-X when i updated it. Big Grin

Cheers!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Request] Plugin/Script - Control Point0