Intel GMA X3100 graphics hardware display problems on XBMC for Mac OS X
hell will freeze over, chickens will fly and i will have to be dead before you even THINK of integrating our (atleast my) code with any drm ridden shite like itunes.
spiff Wrote:hell will freeze over, chickens will fly and i will have to be dead before you even THINK of integrating our (atleast my) code with any drm ridden shite like itunes.

Unless I can figure out a way to make the turtle integrate it using Logo... I won't integrate it... Laugh

In all fairness... I think the words "integrate" may be interpreted a bit differently on http://www.osxbmc.com (see the FAQ). I assumed integrate meant "launch"... probably using a script...so that those who do want to watch something that may be crippled by DRM can do so in the privacy of their own homes where they won't be heckled by anyone (unless Spiff incoroprates some code into the branch that can detect such blasphemous behaviour and summarily give the end-user a giant middle finger in 1080p) Wink

I don't see anyone wanting to actually integrate Fairplay into XBMC code... that would be pretty shite and would run counter to what we all love about your creation. It would be nice to be able to use ALL the media available to a Mac in XBMC, whether that means using the built-in decoder to play MKV files or by launching the external stuff (iTunes) and then closing it out when you are done. It would be rather crazy if XBMC couldn't do that on a Mac.
Well-

I actually got a reply back from the Apple Developer Connection. With respect to loaner equipment, there was a no-go. They don't have a program for that. I wasn't surprised, but I did have to ask. They pointed me towards a developer's testing center...but it seems that they only exist in Cupertino, Beijing, and Tokyo. It also costs some money to belong...less than a MacBook, but since they aren't local to anyone who could use it, it doesn't really matter.

Anyway, so unless there is a graphics update from Apple that fixes this... it looks like it is back to fundraising or VNC.

I can always keep adding to the tips and tricks to preserve my usefulness to the community and feel like I belong...Oh well... I will covet OSXBMC from afar for now...

I think I'll start reading up on SSH and VNC for Mac in case one of the developers wants to borrow my MacBook from a distance.

Sad
It's definitely a fixable issue, not like the X3100 will never get support until Apple updates their drivers. The absolute worst case, which I won't implement until all other possibilities are exhausted, is to have special handling for X3100s on Macs. What really puzzles me a lot is why the GMA 950 and X3100 based drivers are only OpenGL 1.2 especially given that Apple is all about OpenGL.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

They probably make them good enough to run the things they need it for and not worry too much about the rest since OSX (and linux) isn't really a huge 3d gameing platform which has driven the development of drivers on windows
Jezz_X Wrote:They probably make them good enough to run the things they need it for and not worry too much about the rest since OSX (and linux) isn't really a huge 3d gameing platform which has driven the development of drivers on windows

...and, while I think it would be crude on their part, I wouldn't be surprised if the cripple it just a bit to make it look a lot worse than a MacBook Pro since the processors are similar and for $110 you (or I actually) can upgrade to 4Gb RAM aftermarket.
bump
I will have X3100 hardware in-house shortly. Wish me luck.
good luck Smile
elan Wrote:I will have X3100 hardware in-house shortly. Wish me luck.

Wow! Good luck! I was going to post a link to my latest log...couldn't get JPEGs to work in photo viewer... thumbnails of movies are generated just fine...

also, not sure if it is something that should be working at this point, but couldn't figure out how to make lyrics appear with karaoke songs... I set it up in seetings to no avail.
good luck!
Good news on the blog.
elan Wrote:Good news on the blog.

Elan...thanks! D4rk, this means you too... what a great team... wow. I think we can start using this thread for proper testing of X3100 if needed... sounds like we may not need to test much, but I'll throw everything at it, check to see if it is a known problem before posting anything else...

out of curiosity...where did you get the X3100 gear? Rent, Loan, or were you in the market?

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but did this ever get resolved?

I'm asking as I'm using the Intel GM965 chipset which incorporates x3100 and I'm getting the pink screen problem, but right from the xbmc logo.
neal73 Wrote:Sorry to dig up an old thread, but did this ever get resolved?

I'm asking as I'm using the Intel GM965 chipset which incorporates x3100 and I'm getting the pink screen problem, but right from the xbmc logo.

With 101 posts, you know the drill, xbmc.log and complete description of the issue and no "me too" posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel GMA X3100 graphics hardware display problems on XBMC for Mac OS X0