v17 Video playing from SMB share, Playing doesn't work
Hi guys, firts of all thanks to Kodi builders, contributors and community... v17 rocks!

Hi've recently installed a new firmware in my Vu+ Solo2 Sat Linux Receiver (Enigma2)... it's the Open Black Hole 1.0 image (from Vuplus Community, Black Hole Team). This image comes with Kodi 17, and it really rocks!

Kodi 17 works very well, at least scrapping and playing files from a folder in the receiver HDD disk. I use a source using the path to the files, selecting Movies scraper, and searching... etc. When library update is finished, I've all the movies I've in the folder of the Vu+ Receiver HDD, all the artworks, etc. etc. I go to Movies, I select one randomly, and when I press to play it... and it's played correctly. I can watch the movie so well..

But I'm tryng to use a Synology disk I've pluged in the internal home network.And I want to use SMB.

I go to create a new source, select Windows Network (SMB). I can select 'Workgroup' (without been asked for user/password), I can see and select my Synology Server (called CLOUD), and I can enter into it and select the Video/Movies/ folder I've in it.
Then I select the content: Movies, and TMDB... Then it begins to read the files and put it into library correctly (without been asked for user/password)

When library update is finished, I've all the movies I've in the Synology disk folder (CLOUD\Video\Movies) into Kodi... all the artworks, etc. etc. (without been asked for user/password)

I go to Movies, I select one randomly, and when I press to play it, I get the a black player and I cannot see the 'duration', and it doesn't play, and I don't know why.

I've deleted the source in order to do this next steps from fresh:

As the Synology disk folder (CLOUD\Video\Movies) is shared with 'guest' user in a read/write mode, I've also tried to add user and password to the source. I think it has to be done adding a Source, selecting "Add another network location", selecting SMB Windows Network, telling the name of the server (CLOUD), the name of the resource/folder (\Video\Movies) and entering the user 'guest' and its password.

(I'm able to see the file passwords.xml in ./kodi/userdata with this information correctly formated).

But it doesn't works either... I cannot play the movies of this source, that I've been able to Scrap, and that have been added to the Movie Library. I go to Movies, I select one randomly, and when I press to play it, I get the a black player and I cannot see the 'duration', and it doesn't play, and I don't know why.

Anyone here could help me please?

Thanks in advance!
Maybe map it in linux before you start kodi to avoid these problems?
Hi Derek what I've tried is to mount the Synology disk (the smb resource) in a Sat Linux receiver filesystem, and it works.
Then in Kodi I select the filesystem as a movie source and I can play movies without problems.

But I cannot 'wakeup' (wake on lan) the Synology disk using this combination...

I need to add the source as a Windows SMB the Synology in order to wake it up with wake on lan.

And I asume that Windows SMB network sharing has to work, hasn't it?

Regards

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video playing from SMB share, Playing doesn't work0