Kodi 17.1 doesn't start after update
Solved.
Mind sharing with the rest of the forum Smile
(2017-04-05, 16:06)JxPx Wrote: Mind sharing with the rest of the forum Smile
Yes, please do so for others' benefit.
turns out I cannot get Kodi 17 to work on my FireTV2. It installs, but boots to blank screen & stays that way no matter what. Had it working before, during the 17 RC releases, but when I updated to 17 final, could no longer access SMB shares, so removed & went w/ SPMC. Tried the 17.1 for the SMB fix , but that will not boot after install.
So yeah, please share!
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
I am having issues with this and would love to see the solved method!! where is itHuh
I am still on 17.1RC on my fire tv gen 2 box and when it gave me the splash screen followed by the long black screen, I ended up restarting the box, then launching Kodi from the manage apps menu, then it booted up just fine, I still have smb time outs when my drives first spin up, but once they are spun up and running, smb works just fine.
On mine , I couldn't even set up the SMB shares to point to for media. Also tried starting it from manage apps menu, but no joy. Not sure why it installed/worked just fine, and then it just won't any more , yet SPMC will. May try again after a reset once the Fire OS update rolls thru...
Maybe try clearing data from Android Settings > Apps > kodi

or if you have data you don’t want to lose just clear cache from the same place
clearing cache and data doesn't change it for me
(2017-04-07, 20:07)chipjohnson Wrote: clearing cache and data doesn't change it for me

Nor I. It just boots to a gray screen & sits there.
(2017-04-07, 21:28)christoofar Wrote:
(2017-04-07, 20:07)chipjohnson Wrote: clearing cache and data doesn't change it for me

same here, why is kodi calling it a stable release if there are these issues
(2017-04-07, 21:37)chipjohnson Wrote:
(2017-04-07, 21:28)christoofar Wrote:

same here, why is kodi calling it a stable release if there are these issues

Since Kodi doesn't have a dedicated Android dev any more, all they can do is to get it as stable as possible & await feedback from users to work on bugs, I guess. I'm just not understanding why it WAS working just fine on my AFTV2, and then it won't any longer, since I haven't made any changes to it. Fortunately SPMC still does.
(2017-04-07, 21:59)christoofar Wrote: Since Kodi doesn't have a dedicated Android dev any more, all they can do is to get it as stable as possible & await feedback from users to work on bugs, I guess. I'm just not understanding why it WAS working just fine on my AFTV2, and then it won't any longer, since I haven't made any changes to it. Fortunately SPMC still does.

aw man, well I hope its known some how by us talking about it here. I can use Kodi 17.1 on my mac but hopefully they will fix/address this issue for the fire tv
Its very likely an Add-on Database migration (Kodi 16 > Kodi 17) issue:

DO NOT USE ES-File explorer if you do not have too. It causes numerous issues with various Android platforms, and is full of Bloatware / Adware.
X-Plore File Manager App is much preferred for most Android platforms.

Go into the File Manager App settings and Enable "Hidden Files"

Here is the folder you need to navigate to when using the X-Plore File manager App or ES-File Explorer (for Amazon devices only)

Internal Storage/SD Card.....Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/Database

Then delete (or rename) any of these types of AddonsXX.db files:
Addons27.db

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.1 doesn't start after update0