Native open source iPhone App for XBMC control in development
Hi folks, I'm thinking of starting development on a native iPhone application to control XBMC (for Xbox). Is there any similar ongoing effort? I've seen the iPhone web app, but a native version has more potential IMO. I'm gonna look at nad's HTTP API .NET app to start with, but this won't be a particularly quick dev process since I'm not too familiar with Objective-C & UIKit development. Any ideas/suggestions are welcome.
Just the webapp afaik, and it'll be most welcome - I was thinking about obtaining a touch at some point for use as a remote Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Here's a screenshot of the first prototype. It currently doesn't function; I've been just playing with the UI so far.

Nice! gives me a reason to hack my iPod again Smile
Not sure why my screenshot disappeared. Will update with newer screenshots later this week. Now that the basic UI elements are in place, I will start trying to connect it to XBMC. Fortunately, the iPhone/Cocoa framework has a pretty rich library for URL fetching.
I've set up a new google project page for this:

http://code.google.com/p/iphone-xbmc-controller/

The latest source code is checked into the subversion repository, but I'm not ready to create binary releases yet. Many features are implemented, but many are not, such as error checking, the "now playing" view, the settings page, and general performance optimization.

BTW, if there are any iPhone/iPod Touch developers out that know how to use a UISectionList view that enables the section index feature, please let me know. This feature would be useful in the music view of the app.
Thumbs Up 
@s4v4ge:
Great Application! I really love it and use it on my iPod Touch 8GB. It works fine. I hope, you implement the rest of functions as soon as you can and don't stop develpment Wink It works better and faster than the web interface. Can't wait until new test-version is coming out *g*

keep up the good work!
greets littlefreak
This is indeed neat. Getting an iPhone or iTouch in the next few months, so will be neat to play with this.
nice!!

i used this some time:
http://tlrobinson.net/projects/xbmciphone/

But its slow on SMB Shares, i give your tool a try.

THX for the work, and looking forward to updates!
oooh please make it skinnable... and i know this is very early but coverflow browsing for movies would be sick! Wink

great work man! keep it up,
Skinnable would be nice for future. But the main functions should work first Wink

so long
littlefreak
Are there any new infos about this project? I hope its not death Sad
I use this app daily when playing my music and it works much better than the webinterface-versions. I'am really looking forward for further development, is there any news?
yep, any news?
littlefreak Wrote:Are there any new infos about this project? I hope its not death Sad

Indeed, this project is fantastic - I love it! Hope to have an update soon...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Native open source iPhone App for XBMC control in development0