Native open source iPhone App for XBMC control in development
Hello...
I tried to install that app via AFP and than chmod that file but if I start the app the screen went black and after a while it crashs...

Does it work on 1.1.4? Is there an online repository?? Do I have to configure anything before put it on the phone??
sorry guys...
I made a mistake. A chmodded the dir and not the file ;-)

Now it works fine...
Hi guys,

Got this installed and running ok, but currently wont connect to my xbox for some reason (not to worry, I have a complicated setup port-forwarding from iphone through another computer to the xbox so it could be many things)

For some reason the readme file doesn't seem to unzip so I'm not sure what I am missing, do I need to do anything on the xbox end, is it connecting over the web interface or in some other way (might need to forward more ports?)

If I could access the sourcecode (which doesnt seem to be available either) or the readme maybe I could figure it out, anyone got some hints? lol Anyway hope to hear of more development on this thing.

cheers
I think the sourcecode is available (unless it's incomplete)
http://code.google.com/p/iphone-xbmc-con...e/checkout
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
doesn't seem to work...

# Non-members may check out a read-only working copy anonymously over HTTP.
svn checkout http://iphone-xbmc-controller.googlecode...-read-only

and link doesn't work?
Hmm, weird it doesn't work.. I had that source code not to long ago, might be good to pop google a mail and see why it's not there. I certainly don't hope it's pulled.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
trapper Wrote:Hi guys,

Got this installed and running ok, but currently wont connect to my xbox for some reason (not to worry, I have a complicated setup port-forwarding from iphone through another computer to the xbox so it could be many things)

For some reason the readme file doesn't seem to unzip so I'm not sure what I am missing, do I need to do anything on the xbox end, is it connecting over the web interface or in some other way (might need to forward more ports?)

I think it's just using the web interface.
We really need a Installer Source for this application! Any luck using this app on 1.1.4 anyone?
Sorry guys, I haven't worked on this in a while until recently, and hadn't seen all the replies to the thread.

I released a new version with a few new features and an Installer.app repository:

http://iphone-xbmc-controller.googlecode...urrent.xml

I am using the googlecode site to host the repository; it seems to work well but there could be some unforeseen issues.

I have tested this with my ipod touch and FW 1.1.2. There are still open issues and quirks but it seems to be pretty useful nevertheless. Please let me know if you can get it working on newer firmware; I'm not going to upgrade until I get a positive report, due to the pain of downgrading.
Does not work with FW 2.0. It crashes right away. Permissions are 775 on all files incl. directory. Is there an error log that I can send you?
If you can get it to work with firmware 2.0. Maby you could upload it to AppStore and earn some money on it? I would be happy to pay!
Why FW 1.1.2.. and not FW 2.0 ?
iPhone/iPod Touch FW 2.0 requires that apps be built with the "real" iPhone SDK which requires a Mac which I don't have at the moment.

I had hoped that apps built with the old SDK would continue to work with the new FW, but they must've changed a lot in the OS (structure sizes, etc.).

Believe me, I want to have a solution for the 2.0 FW as well. Thinking about the Hackintosh route.....
By the way, I just got word that the app seems to work OK for FW 1.1.4, so I expect it would also work for 1.1.5.
Also, the code is still available here:
http://iphone-xbmc-controller.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

I think the URL someone posted earlier was wrong.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Native open source iPhone App for XBMC control in development0